Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Found at the Intl. Toy Fair  (Read 5569 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Found at the Intl. Toy Fair
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 03:08:56 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 02:59 PM\']
Damn, and I was hoping they were going to release TPIR action figures.
The Director action figure has real foam coming out of its mouth. [/quote]
 And the Richard Dawson doll comes with an expletive-laced tape, along with a picture of Howard Flesher.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 03:30:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 03:08 PM\'] And the Richard Dawson doll comes with an expletive-laced tape, along with a picture of Howard Flesher. [/quote]
Mix-and-match three-piece suits sold separately.

How about a Bob Barker action figure-can he escape the deadly grip of the Samoans?! Perhaps we can give him his own Mr. Bigglesworth, being the animal lover he is? (skinny microphone also sold separately)

Or the Peter Marshall doll; pull the string in back, and you can hear him recite his spiel from HSq..."Theobjectofthegameisto..." Set your own speeds: remedial, normal, warp...

Personally, I'd love to see some company offer model replicas of game show sets, kinda like model cars. I'm half-kidding on this.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:32:37 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jmenjes

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 06:55:54 PM »
We had an article on the Toy Fair in the Miami newspaper today.  This line from the story piqued my curiosity:

"For adults, Hasbro's new version of The Wheel of Fortune uses encoded technology and a small box that connects to your television to allow viewers at home to play along with players at the game show's studio."

Looks like a new version of the at home play-along game is on the way.  I still have my console and one of the pre-coded video tapes that Mattel put out back in the late 80s.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 09:05:24 PM »
so how many of you have visualized the costumes already??? You guys are too much -

Seeing Regis fly over Manhattan in his dark suit with a dark cape, then start wobbling in mid-air, yelling, "I'm OUTTA CONTROL !!"
Dawson's utility belt containing various specially made chap sticks - knockout lipbalm, hypnotic lipbalm, lipbalm of forgetfulness...and napalm lipbalm in case he's ever trapped in an iceberg (had another line about melting chilly ladies, but we'll take a pass...)
Woolery the Mutant with two fists at the end of each arm to set up the "two and two knockout punch" (but how will his new co-host deal with four hands??)
The Luddenator - wearing the tight dark suit filled with with the 7-syllable words used in one of his popular publicity stills (breaking through the paper wall with words)
King Cullen's secret specs that radiate pixie rays and make you feel good, even if the show you're on stinks....
..and you're saying Bud The Clock Beater will knock you back into last week if you don't tell the truth?

Gotta admit, Doc....if that's what drinking before noon does...maybe I'll give it a try....

dastardly dan enright.....hahahahahaha! loved it!

PS- Did Endless also unveil their own Will It Float? home game, or was that just a rumor?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 09:08:59 PM by The Ol' Guy »

Winkfan

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 09:59:32 PM »
Which super-powered hosts would you add?
Wink Martindale as THE WINKSTER--With his secret band of 1960s deejays-turned-hosts (Jim Lange as MR. BULLSEYE, Bob Eubanks as THE CARD SHARK, Geoff Edwards as THE CHAIN REACTOR, Mike Darrow as JACKPOTMAN). In addition to keeping game shows a swinging place, they fight to give radio back to the personalities!

Jim Perry as the SALES CENTURION--Makes sure every customer gets an 'Instant Bargain!'

MADAMOISELLE ARLENE with her 'utility heart necklace;' and MADAMOISELLE ROXANNE with her powerful 'camera of 1000 uses!'

Jim Peck as SHOWDOWN MAN--Despite his tendancy to be 'accident-prone,' he puts his special dice to good use!

Peter Tomarken as THE HIT MAN--If you bad guys are thinking of messing up a game show, forget it!

Wayne Cox as MR. TALKABOUT--He'll have the bad guys 'acting crazy!'

Al DuBois as THE BUMPER STUMPER--With the power to figure out the meaning of licence plates!

And their arch enemy, Mark DeCarlo as THE STUDMEISTER--Threating to turn every game show into a 'relationship show!'

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the Joanna Barnes of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 11:54:08 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

DrBear

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2004, 10:05:16 PM »
Oh, and don't forget the Luddenator's assistant back at the lab, Dr. Reason (A. Goodman).

Hmmm....Bennett (The Silver) Cerf-er? Dealing deadly puns left and right?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2004, 04:33:07 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 10:05 PM\']Oh, and don't forget the Luddenator's assistant back at the lab, Dr. Reason (A. Goodman).

Hmmm....Bennett (The Silver) Cerf-er? Dealing deadly puns left and right?[/quote]
Captain John Charles--Can confuse his foes with a series of multisyllabic words!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2004, 06:04:18 PM »
That would make for interesting dialogue - after Trebek the Canadian Clubber (dashingly dressed in an outfit with the Maple Leaf on the chest containing the popular CC whiskey label scrip) clubs one of a pack of Freemantleites into submission, Captain John can cry out, "That's one down and nine to go....Madamoiselle Arlene?"

okay...I'm done....

opimus

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2004, 06:40:43 PM »
David Letterman as The Riddler.

bclark71

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2004, 08:09:57 PM »
opimus offered:
David Letterman as The Riddler.

HA HA!!  Well done!  (Although, good luck getting him to admit his role in that, much less reprise it.)

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2004, 11:45:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 12:30 PM\']Or the Peter Marshall doll; pull the string in back, and you can hear him recite his spiel from HSq..."Theobjectofthegameisto..." Set your own speeds: remedial, normal, warp...[/quote]
Brandon, your suggestion led me to recite what is probably the most common HSq spiel (from the original daytime version) as quickly as possible.   To wit:

"Object for the players is to get three stars in a row, either across, up and down, or diagonally.  It is up to them to figure out if the star is giving a correct answer, or making one up; that's how they get the squares.  Each game is worth $200, we play a best two-out-of-three match, our players play for $400, and once a day we play a Secret Square game; we'll play that game as soon as we complete the one in progress. (Example of game reset) Two circles, one X, and Brandon, it's your turn; pick a star."

(Great googly-moogly; I remembered all the words.)

[Robert Klein's voice] ooooo-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ooooo-OOOOOOOOOOOOO! [/RKV]

My time: 16.52 seconds.

Esoteric Eric; BTW, Peter's superhero alter ego might use throwing stars as his weapons of choice... an All-Star Blitz, if you would.  

*ducks flying produce*
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2004, 12:53:02 AM »
How about adding his H2 spiel into the mix for once, so that everyone will fall down cracking up when they hear it:

"Object for the players is to get three stars in a row, either across, up and down, or diagonally. It is up to them to figure out if the star is giving a correct answer, or making one up; that's how they get the squares. A game is worth, a thou, a thou, a THOUSAND DOLLARS?!" (Laughter all around) TIMES HAVE CHANGED!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 05:55:44 PM »
[quote name=\'jmenjes\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 06:55 PM\'] We had an article on the Toy Fair in the Miami newspaper today.  This line from the story piqued my curiosity:

"For adults, Hasbro's new version of The Wheel of Fortune uses encoded technology and a small box that connects to your television to allow viewers at home to play along with players at the game show's studio."

Looks like a new version of the at home play-along game is on the way.  I still have my console and one of the pre-coded video tapes that Mattel put out back in the late 80s. [/quote]
 Here's a little more information, courtesy of The Plain Dealer...

"Hasbro's "Wheel of Fortune," which allows consumers using a handheld wireless device to actively compete with the contestants on the TV series in real time. If you beat the contestant, the TV sends a signal to download bonus games into your device. The product is priced at $29.99."