Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Found at the Intl. Toy Fair  (Read 5601 times)

tvwxman

Found at the Intl. Toy Fair
« on: February 17, 2004, 07:05:05 PM »
Just got back from NYC , and the Intl Toy Fair (being in the media has it's benefits)...I can't remember if this has been posted before...

Endless Games is touting a 2nd edition Price is Right game to be released in the spring...according to the guy running the booth, the game has been reconfigured completely, and, again, this is according to him, has 35 NEW GAMES.

Box is new, same shape as the pyramid game, has a starburst image behind the TPIR logo...and , before you ask, the box was empty, so I couldn't look and confirm details...

Thought you'd like to know .....

Best, Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:09:58 PM »
I got wind of this through golden-road.net a few weeks back. A former TPiR contestant had scheduled a meeting with Endless Games to pitch his idea for the home game. If this is true, I guess that meeting went well.

I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Thanks for the information.

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 08:05:29 PM »
Damn, and I was hoping they were going to release TPIR action figures.

Barker's Beauties with removable clothing, Barker with random animal, and Announcer with cluttered podium.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 08:06:51 PM »
..and don't forget the Bob figure's exclusive Kung Fu Grip (tm)!

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 08:07:15 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 09:05 PM\'] Damn, and I was hoping they were going to release TPIR action figures.

Barker's Beauties with removable clothing [/quote]
 How about Barker removing the Beauties' clothing? THAT would be a hot seller for sure! :-)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 08:05 PM\'] Damn, and I was hoping they were going to release TPIR action figures.

Barker's Beauties with removable clothing, Barker with random animal, and Announcer with cluttered podium. [/quote]
 This means I won't get the Randy West action figure with mighty vocal inflection power or the That's Too Much! dream set for Christmas?  Thanks for ruining my whole year!

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 10:01:40 PM »
I'm saving my money for the most evil action figure villains ever...

THE FREMANTLE EXECUTIVES!!!! (voice echos)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 11:00:07 PM »
Hmmm....sounds like a great idea for an animated series! Game Guardians of The Universe! Classic format-preserving heroes battling a secret cabal that is the sworn enemy of traditional formats everywhere - The Freemantles! Sandy Frank can get his old Battle Of The Planets animators up and going on this. After all, it wouldn't be the first time that action figures inspired a series. Now who would the heroes be? Jep-Man, who baffles his adversaries by responding to their every statement with a question? Alpha-Girl, a Vanna-type gal who flings letter tiles like ninja throwing stars? Which super-powered hosts would you add?

mctoyboy

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 11:07:38 PM »
I'm going to head over tomorrow and see how clean up is going near the end of the show. Sometimes people don't wan't to pack up stuff or they'll sell you stuff even though they shouldn't. I'd love to get my hands on this one =)
j

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 01:10:39 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 07:05 PM\'] Just got back from NYC , and the Intl Toy Fair (being in the media has it's benefits)...I can't remember if this has been posted before...

Endless Games is touting a 2nd edition Price is Right game to be released in the spring...according to the guy running the booth, the game has been reconfigured completely, and, again, this is according to him, has 35 NEW GAMES.

Box is new, same shape as the pyramid game, has a starburst image behind the TPIR logo...and , before you ask, the box was empty, so I couldn't look and confirm details...

Thought you'd like to know .....

Best, Matt [/quote]
 They've been working on this for well over a year.  In a January 2003 email I got from Kevin McNaulty; they said "We're working it as you speak! Stay tuned!"

Sounds like they did their homework this time.  Look forward to seeing it.

And Matt: Are you still going to hunt them down if they left out the spinner? :D
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 09:03:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 02:10 AM\'] And Matt: Are you still going to hunt them down if they left out the spinner? :D [/quote]
 ...and kill them like the lazy dogs they are.

Seriously, 35 pricing games?  That's certainly reason to be optimistic.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 12:53:56 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 11:00 PM\']Hmmm....sounds like a great idea for an animated series! Game Guardians of The Universe! Classic format-preserving heroes battling a secret cabal that is the sworn enemy of traditional formats everywhere - The Freemantles! Sandy Frank can get his old Battle Of The Planets animators up and going on this. After all, it wouldn't be the first time that action figures inspired a series. Now who would the heroes be? Jep-Man, who baffles his adversaries by responding to their every statement with a question? Alpha-Girl, a Vanna-type gal who flings letter tiles like ninja throwing stars? Which super-powered hosts would you add?[/quote]
Super Regis--the man who saves television networks!

CenterSquare Boy--he has a wise crack for everything!

SuperDawson--Can kiss women from long ranges!

The Blanking Couple--Both have a keen sense of tracking to motels in Encino!

WooleryMan--He left Wheel!  Can defeat evil villians in two and two!

Son of Duke--HE BLOOOOOCKS!

PatFinn the Invincible--He fights evil with the help of the Stone-Stanley family!

Mighty Meredith--Her hug is devastating!

Super Bergeron--Had sock puppet sidekick taken away from him!

tommycharles

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2004, 01:18:24 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 12:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 11:00 PM\']Hmmm....sounds like a great idea for an animated series! Game Guardians of The Universe! Classic format-preserving heroes battling a secret cabal that is the sworn enemy of traditional formats everywhere - The Freemantles! Sandy Frank can get his old Battle Of The Planets animators up and going on this. After all, it wouldn't be the first time that action figures inspired a series. Now who would the heroes be? Jep-Man, who baffles his adversaries by responding to their every statement with a question? Alpha-Girl, a Vanna-type gal who flings letter tiles like ninja throwing stars? Which super-powered hosts would you add?[/quote]
Super Regis--the man who saves television networks!

CenterSquare Boy--he has a wise crack for everything!

SuperDawson--Can kiss women from long ranges!

The Blanking Couple--Both have a keen sense of tracking to motels in Encino!

WooleryMan--He left Wheel!  Can defeat evil villians in two and two!

Son of Duke--HE BLOOOOOCKS!

PatFinn the Invincible--He fights evil with the help of the Stone-Stanley family!

Mighty Meredith--Her hug is devastating!

Super Bergeron--Had sock puppet sidekick taken away from him! [/quote]
 All controlled by Dastardly Dan Enright, who is secretly telling both sides their opponent's next move.

DrBear

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2004, 01:19:05 PM »
And may we add:

King Cullen - Even triumphs over Barry-Enright end games!

The Luddenator: The password is DOOM!

Trebek, the Canadian Clubber! (Not as powerful without his mustache)

Bud the clock beater — You'll be sure to tell the truth!

(and, although it doesn't fit the format)
That British archvillian, Bad Brucie — It's nice to see you ... to see you DIE!

(I have got to stop drinking before noon)
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 02:59:29 PM »
Damn, and I was hoping they were going to release TPIR action figures.
The Director action figure has real foam coming out of its mouth.