Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Look For Feud  (Read 12013 times)

Robert Hutchinson

New Look For Feud
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2005, 11:20:03 PM »
I still stand by my dislike of TPIR's pastel mural on the turntable, on purely disinterested aesthetic grounds. It was that particular combination--there's nothing wrong with the solid pastels on the current turntable, and the mural looked pretty damn nice in dark blue shades on the first few MDS specials. But the daytime mural, puke-o.

May finally get to see Feud's new set tomorrow morning.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Particleman

New Look For Feud
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 12:59:58 PM »
For those who have not yet been able to see the updated Feud set, I recorded the show on my computer yesterday and will post some pics of the updated set on my web site later this evening.

Personally, I like the changes.  I don't like it any more than the set before it, but I do like it.  I especially liked the more dramatic lighting used for Fast Money.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
New Look For Feud
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 01:34:22 PM »
I just saw the new set this morning and I like it...classy in some ways, nice game show flash in others. It's nice.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
New Look For Feud
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 04:04:04 PM »
I like that the set looks bigger now. I bet I could sit in the audience for hours fish-eyed, just staring at the color-changing patterns. If they would hold on a wide shot of the set for more than a couple of seconds, the massive color changing would probably look better on TV -- the effect doesn't come across as well when, for example, they show the families clapping during the credits and you can only see the center wall.

As for continuity, I don't remember the name of the winning family from last season's final episode, but on the Monday episode of the CBS2 run in Los Angeles, Richard made a passing comment to the head of the Rudolph family that it had been about two months since he'd seen them. So I think that one of the runs is going in proper chronological order.

--
Scott Robinson

JayDLewis

New Look For Feud
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005, 04:36:28 PM »
The New Feud Set = The New Doctor Who Tardis Interior

I dare Richard Karn to look into the heart of the the Feud set (if you saw the DW ep "Boomtown", you get the joke).
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

Unrealtor

New Look For Feud
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2005, 08:40:23 PM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Sep 14 2005, 03:36 PM\']The New Feud Set = The New Doctor Who Tardis Interior

I dare Richard Karn to look into the heart of the the Feud set (if you saw the DW ep "Boomtown", you get the joke).
[snapback]96781[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd be more worried about what happened to Rose in the last episode of the series happening to Richard Karn. "I am doubling the points for all history and all eternity!"
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

ChuckNet

New Look For Feud
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2005, 09:19:26 PM »
Personally, I like the new set...gives it more of a Vegas feel, and kinda reminds me of the Mexican version's set.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Particleman

New Look For Feud
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 09:30:21 PM »
For those who haven't watched the show, I have a hand full of pictures that I grabbed from my recording.  They're here:

http://www.katymae.com/newset.htm

FOXSportsFan

New Look For Feud
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2005, 10:08:14 PM »
Okay, just a thought...those circles on the floor and the synthetic wood grain texture that's been there since Louie warped it 6 years ago is still pretty much the same.  It clashes with the Binford disco dance floor lights on the floor, don'tcha think?

megamanj1986

New Look For Feud
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
I like the new set, but to me, they're looking like they're gonna blow out a fuse one day and turn into Feud '94.

Flashy set, but what is that monstrosity underneath the big board?

Not bad.

JayDLewis

New Look For Feud
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2005, 10:44:14 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 05:14 PM\']

[snapback]96915[/snapback]
[/quote]

Louie Anderson?
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

uncamark

New Look For Feud
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2005, 11:45:35 AM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 09:44 PM\'][quote name=\'megamanj1986\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 05:14 PM\']

[/quote]

Louie Anderson?
[snapback]96935[/snapback]
[/quote]

Kirstie Alley?

"The set's got choooocolate caaake..."

(And yes, I know she's lost 50 pounds thanks to Jenny Craig.  She would've gotten it done sooner and not gotten a crappy Showtime show if she'd gone to Weight Watchers.)

musicman

New Look For Feud
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2005, 07:57:02 PM »
[quote name=\'megamanj1986\' date=\'Sep 15 2005, 05:14 PM\']I like the new set, but to me, they're looking like they're gonna blow out a fuse one day and turn into Feud '94.
[/quote]

The '94 set didn't look THAT bad,  it just needed some chasing lights.  The only lights that EVER came from the set itself was from the podium.

musicman

New Look For Feud
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2005, 07:59:17 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Sep 12 2005, 01:56 PM\']And now flashing lights on the stage floor -- Add a mirrored disco ball and we could stage a "Saturday Night Fever" vs. "Dance Fever" special week of shows.  (Team Travolta vs Team Terio).
[snapback]96535[/snapback]
[/quote]

Been there, done that.  Remember the "Village People" vs. "Disco Divas" back in 2003?

FOXSportsFan

New Look For Feud
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2005, 08:27:08 PM »
I care to forget Karn on polyester...then again I care to forget Karn in Binford company issued flannel as well.