Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, FL closing  (Read 6599 times)

johnnyd1788

Nickelodeon Studios in Orlando, FL closing
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 09:54:55 PM »
That's really sad. So where do they broadcast now? Are they just referring to the tourist part of the attraction and are broadcasting from the studios; just closed to the public?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 09:55:29 PM by johnnyd1788 »

rugrats1

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 11:57:32 PM »
I think they're referring to the whole complex, since Nick doesn't even tape any of their shows there anymore -- all live-action Nick stuff originates either from Hollywood (at the "Nick on Sunset" theater), or in New York (U-Pick Live).

Nick's broadcasting center has always been in New York City -- Nick Studios was only a production facility and tourist attraction.

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 12:43:16 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Apr 25 2005, 10:57 PM\']I think they're referring to the whole complex, since Nick doesn't even tape any of their shows there anymore -- all live-action Nick stuff originates either from Hollywood (at the "Nick on Sunset" theater), or in New York (U-Pick Live).

Nick's broadcasting center has always been in New York City -- Nick Studios was only a production facility and tourist attraction.
[snapback]83284[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe that the Viacom Network Operations Center is somewhere out on Long Island (I remember that on MTV/VH1 long form shows that had vidclips inserted, there would always be a credit to the "Network Operations Center").  Close enough to NYC, though.

And I guess there's no Paramount park in a right-to-work state convenient to New York or LA where a new Nick Studios could be built.

ChuckNet

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 10:10:19 PM »
I was actually at Nick Studios the first wk it opened in June 90, and they were still in the process of unloading many of their props...in fact, we have home video footage from that trip showing some of the DD obstacles (which included a good shot of me trying my hand [LOL] on Pick-It), and a shot of the Make the Grade set in place for a taping. Pity to see it go, but I guess w/Nick's glory days far behind them, it's for the better.

I believe that the Viacom Network Operations Center is somewhere out on Long Island (I remember that on MTV/VH1 long form shows that had vidclips inserted, there would always be a credit to the "Network Operations Center"). Close enough to NYC, though.

Yep...Hauppauge, which is about a 20-min ride from me...actually applied there on 3 separate occasions, but was turned down each time.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")