Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday To...You, Too? Too Cool!  (Read 7652 times)

sshuffield70

Happy Birthday To...You, Too? Too Cool!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 03:37:29 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 02:24 PM\']Since I'd better not get caught checking on company time, if I throw out my three big names, someone's bound to know what they've been on (and I can't help but think they would be What's My Line mystery guests or IGAS celebrity guests) - so here goes...

Sept 5th -
Carol Lawrence
Raquel Welch
and Bob Newhart
Thanks!
[snapback]61234[/snapback]
[/quote]

[Donald Trump] Hey, Ol' Guy....you're FIRED![/DT]

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 04:07:47 PM »
November 18

Owen Wilson
Kirk Lee Hammett
Elizabeth Perkins
Linda Evans
Brenda Vaccaro
Alan Shepard, Jr.
Imogene Coca

Not sure, but didn't Shepard do one of the G-T panel shows?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 04:26:56 PM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 02:35 PM\']September 3-Kitty Carlisle!  I would wager a guess that Eileen Brennan and/or Alan Ladd had to have made a few GS appearances here and there as well.

[snapback]61236[/snapback]
[/quote]

In a 1972 syndicated "TPIR," Eileen Brennan appeared to present in a movie-themed Showcase a role as an extra in a little film she was making called "The Sting."  In this instance, Dennis James then emphasized that the contestants were to consider this a bonus and not to include union scale for extras in their bid (unlike the unwon daytime Showcase where a prize was being a "TPIR" model for a day did include union scale in the total ARP--it was the first time Janice and Anitra spoke on the show).

It seems to me that this Showcase was not won on that show, so don't get the DVD of "The Sting" to look for this contestant somewhere in the background.

ChuckNet

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 08:34:23 PM »
In a 1972 syndicated "TPIR," Eileen Brennan appeared to present in a movie-themed Showcase a role as an extra in a little film she was making called "The Sting." In this instance, Dennis James then emphasized that the contestants were to consider this a bonus and not to include union scale for extras in their bid (unlike the unwon daytime Showcase where a prize was being a "TPIR" model for a day did include union scale in the total ARP--it was the first time Janice and Anitra spoke on the show).

Barker made the same point as Denny some 20 yrs later in Nov 1992, when Melody Thomas Scott and Peter Bergman dropped by to offer a bonus of the op to be an extra on Y&R (this was part of a showcase that celebrated the latter's 5000th ep, airing that same day).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Fedya

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »
I share a birthday with The Donald.  :-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Ian Wallis

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 08:45:40 AM »
January 28th.  I knew that Alan Alda shared a birthday with me, and after checking the famousbirthdays sight, found a few more I didn't know including singer Sarah McLaughlan.

Though it's not listed on that sight, I know that Barbi Benton also has a birthday on that day, and for you hockey fans out there, so does '70s hockey player Paul Henderson.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2004, 06:57:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 03:44 AM\']This really doesn't count, but Pat Sajak's birthday (oct. 26) is a day before mine (oct. 27)...
[/quote]

Similar story here.

March 16: Chuck Woolery
March 17: Yours Truly

zachhoran

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2004, 07:49:44 PM »
Brenda Vaccaro

She did a week of Syndie WLOD.

And my birthday 12/7 is also Peter Tomarken's.

Rastaub

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 10:20:47 PM »
2/9

The only one with any game show relation was Jm J Bullock

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 11:10:12 PM »
November 30th means I blow out the candles with Dick Clark and Dian Parkinson, which opens the door for a really crass pun I won't be making at this particular moment.

jmenjes

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 12:45:25 AM »
February 26--Jackie Gleason (You're in the Picture), and Tony Randall.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.  Adults are only kids grown up anyway." -- Walt Disney

dmota104

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 07:13:02 AM »
December 9: I share my b-day with former "Pyramid" host Donny Osmond.

WhammyPower

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2004, 07:53:20 AM »
Apparently, the Celebrity Café has a LOT more birthday listings (My date has 7x more than FamousBirthdays!).  Of course, I don't see anybody for July 19th.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2004, 09:26:54 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 04:53 AM\']Apparently, the Celebrity Café has a LOT more birthday listings (My date has 7x more than FamousBirthdays!).  Of course, I don't see anybody for July 19th.
[snapback]61570[/snapback]
[/quote]

<Phil Hartman as Ed McMahon>  You are correct, sir!!!  YES!!!! HA HA ha ha ha!!! </PHaEM>

I found 44 listings rather than the nine at the previous site (who brought Famous Birthdays.com up in this thread anyw... oh, yeah... I did...) ; granted, I haven't a clue who most of the extra ones ARE...

...that is, except for Sarah Purcell (The Better Sex); I was born when she turned eleven, but betcha she looks eleven years YOUNGER than me now...

Esoteric Eric; <OT>  LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap> LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap> LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap>...

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR SPELLING, AND TO FIX THE QUOTE FUNCTION... -EE
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 09:40:43 AM by Esoteric Eric »
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

GS Warehouse

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2004, 03:16:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Oct 21 2004, 09:26 AM\']I was born when [Sarah Purcell] turned eleven, but betcha she looks eleven years YOUNGER than me now...[/quote]I said it before: let's hear it for makeup.

LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap> LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap> LET'S GO RED SOX!!! <clap clap clapclapclap>...
[snapback]61581[/snapback]
Let that be a lesson to George Steinbrenner: $185 million doesn't buy what it used to.

ObGS: The Bullseye theme is easier to clap to, IMO.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 03:17:14 PM by GS Warehouse »