Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will "Super Millionaire" air in November?  (Read 3380 times)

Alex K

Will "Super Millionaire" air in November?
« on: October 24, 2004, 02:22:53 AM »
Will ABC air "Super Millionaire" in November?

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 03:26:51 AM »
Doubful for November thanks toi 2 shows that are surprisingly doing well ratings wise.  The Sunday night showing of "Desperate Wives" & the Wednesday night drama "Lost" are hits on the Alphabet Network right now.  Unless one or two of their "weaker" shows gets cancelled within the next few weeks, it appears Super Millionaire may be a no-go next month.  I guess ABC isn't ready to put Regis back on the air just yet.

davemackey

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 07:55:57 AM »
Sure, if ABC would consent to taking "Lost", "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" and "Desperate Housewives" off the schedule for even one night... no network would sacrifice their ratings champs like that.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 11:19:11 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 06:55 AM\']Sure, if ABC would consent to taking "Lost", "Extreme Makeover Home Edition" and "Desperate Housewives" off the schedule for even one night... no network would sacrifice their ratings champs like that.
[snapback]61825[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't even see them using it in the 10 PM hour ("NYPD Blue" is running straight through with no reruns, "Wife Swap" is doing well, heck even the Saturday reruns of "Housewives" probably aren't going anywhere -  That would only leave Sunday, Thursday and Friday).

ABC is thisclose to becoming the new #2 network, only trailing NBC by 0.1 in the season-to-date ratings. Who'd've thought we'd live to see that?
@lambertman

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 12:03:29 PM »
No word has come into the affilates....I can't remember how fast they announced it/put it on air back in February, but I have to assume right now that we're not airing it..

If it airs, expect it on at an earlier time....yes, ABC is making the comeback of the year.... but yes, there are still plenty of holes to fill it with.....Wed/Thursday 9pm, and Monday 8pm come to mind.... The benefactor is done and life as we know it ain't gonna last....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

goongas

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 07:48:49 PM »
According to people who have recently appeared on the show that posted on another board, they ask the producers about Super Millionaire and they have not heard anything about it.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 05:17:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 11:03 AM\']No word has come into the affilates....I can't remember how fast they announced it/put it on air back in February, but I have to assume right now that we're not airing it..

If it airs, expect it on at an earlier time....yes, ABC is making the comeback of the year.... but yes, there are still plenty of holes to fill it with.....Wed/Thursday 9pm, and Monday 8pm come to mind.... The benefactor is done and life as we know it ain't gonna last....
[snapback]61827[/snapback]
[/quote]

In two time slots that Davies wouldn't want to be in--he saw what happened with "WWTBAM" as the lead-in during football season and "Studio 7" got killed in that Thursday time slot *without* first-run "CSI" or "Apprentice."

But with "Bachelor" crashing and burning, "West Wing" shaky and "Center of the Universe" waiting to bomb big time once CBS finally puts it on, Davies might be interested in the Wednesday 9 p.m. time slot during sweeps--with "Wife Swap" as a lead-out...

sshuffield70

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 05:36:27 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Oct 25 2004, 04:17 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Oct 24 2004, 11:03 AM\']No word has come into the affilates....I can't remember how fast they announced it/put it on air back in February, but I have to assume right now that we're not airing it..

[snapback]61827[/snapback]
[/quote]

In two time slots that Davies wouldn't want to be in--he saw what happened with "WWTBAM" as the lead-in during football season and "Studio 7" got killed in that Thursday time slot *without* first-run "CSI" or "Apprentice."

But with "Bachelor" crashing and burning, "West Wing" shaky and "Center of the Universe" waiting to bomb big time once CBS finally puts it on, Davies might be interested in the Wednesday 9 p.m. time slot during sweeps--with "Wife Swap" as a lead-out...
[snapback]61918[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Center Of The Universe" has to be a joke.  "Father Of The Pride" is the better show.  But of course, CBS doesn't want anyone to know that John Goodman is on that show also.  But I digress......

The "Bachelor" slot may be doable, but only as a weekly.  The rest of the schedule is very strong right now, and ABC really can't afford to do a 5-night a week sweep stunt.

tvwxman

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 05:44:25 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Oct 25 2004, 04:36 PM\']"Center Of The Universe" has to be a joke.  "Father Of The Pride" is the better show.  But of course, CBS doesn't want anyone to know that John Goodman is on that show also.  But I digress......

The "Bachelor" slot may be doable, but only as a weekly.  The rest of the schedule is very strong right now, and ABC really can't afford to do a 5-night a week sweep stunt.
[snapback]61920[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not entirely true...yes, we're A LOT stronger, but much of the sched could use some help.... TGIF isn't must-see tv by any means, usually ending in 3rd place....and Saturdays isn't used for much other than reruns of Makeover/Housewives....According to Jim/Rodney aint' much,  and once MNF ends, then what for Monday nights?

And yes, I think a 5 night sched at EIGHT O'Clock would do us some good....

When the dust is settled, we're still a 3rd place station.....better than last year's 4th place, but still room for improvement...

Hey, we're still doing cartwheels at this affiliate! :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 05:45:23 PM by tvwxman »
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"