Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune syndie season 22 premiere  (Read 6158 times)

brianhenke

Wheel of Fortune syndie season 22 premiere
« on: September 06, 2004, 07:29:22 PM »
Well, Wheel of Fortune's new season premiered tonight. Here is a spoiler free look at the changes.

- As was mentioned previously, the Mystery Round spaces now are $1000 instead of $500. The spaces are now blue instead of black.

- There is a new Toss-Up graphic at the start of each Toss-Up.

- There is a "FINAL SPIN" graphic that appears on the screen when Pat gives the Wheel the Final Spin.

- The Fun and Games category makes its debut.

- Finally, the Bonus Wheel is the one with all the lights flashing.

Brian

Bing Crosby was named after an Allman Brothers Band song?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 07:35:29 PM »
Also, there are now two $1000 gift tags on the Wheel instead of one.

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 07:45:12 PM »
I haven't watched the tape-delay of the show yet, but I caught the new opening title- nice.
insert signature here

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 07:56:51 PM »
I like all the changes EXCEPT the Last Spin graphic.  There is absolutely no point to that, and just is distracting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 07:58:44 PM »
You know, for as much as we've mocked it over the summer, the new Bonus Wheel actually does look sorta neat...although not as neat as the graphic of it.

It's sorta nice to have a couple $1000 spaces on the wheel again, even if they are mainly a gimmick for the Mystery Round.

Was a "Final Spin" graphic really necessary?

And dear Lord, the set looks like it might actually be something they could use every week.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 08:00:58 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Sep 6 2004, 07:29 PM\'] - The Fun and Games category makes its debut. [/quote]
 Cleveland got a different episode.  We got the debut of Best Seller.

adamjk

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 08:05:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Sep 6 2004, 06:58 PM\'] You know, for as much as we've mocked it over the summer, the new Bonus Wheel actually does look sorta neat...although not as neat as the graphic of it.

It's sorta nice to have a couple $1000 spaces on the wheel again, even if they are mainly a gimmick for the Mystery Round.

Was a "Final Spin" graphic really necessary?

And dear Lord, the set looks like it might actually be something they could use every week. [/quote]
 I was expecting these really bright lights on the bonus wheel blaring over the set. Still, new colors were neat. And, I agree the final spin thing is not needed. I like the new toss up graphic also.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 08:13:01 PM »
Haven't watched in some time - found the set very beautiful. I've read others discuss the extra plugs and sponsorships, many saying it has made everything "too commercial". Nothing I saw tonight made it any worse than an old episode of Let's Make A Deal. If the plugs come in and fit in the flow of the game, not forced, no problem. They didn't distract from the game. Have past seasons been heavier on the plugs than this opener?
..and I'll join you on the "final spin" graphic. Have to admit, tho..when it first flashed on the screen, I was expecting to see something like, "final spin - presented by Best Buy!" Please - no "first spin of the game" graphic. Maybe, like in corporate radio, they're going to have a live host replaced by "visual tracking"? ;-)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 08:31:42 PM by The Ol' Guy »

whewfan

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 08:13:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Sep 6 2004, 06:58 PM\'] Was a "Final Spin" graphic really necessary?

[/quote]
 I think Pat should call it the "Final Spin of the Day", lick his finger, point to the 5000 space and say the rules as "I'll ask you to give a letter in the puzzle, and if it's there, I'll ask you to solve it, it's just that simple"

gsfan85

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 08:17:17 PM »
What did everyone think of what Pat called "The soda machine"?

Adam

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 08:46:50 PM »
IMO, easily the biggest problem with the new graphics (for Toss-ups and THE FINAL SPIN!) is the lack of smooth transition--or any transition at all, in the latter's case. I don't THINK they wanted laughter and whiplash as the top two reactions to their graphics . . .
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2004, 10:15:30 PM »
I agree that the Final Spin graphic is totally absurd.  I KNOW it's the final spin.  That's what the bell means, and Pat even says that it's the final spin.  I think the graphic is actually meant to make it look less obvious when then they have to edit due to Pat hitting a bankrupt or something, but having the graphic every day is much worse than a choppy edit once in a while.

As for the other changes, I really don't mind any of them too much.  I especially like the new bonus wheel look.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:16:24 PM by WilliamPorygon »

Argo

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2004, 10:18:24 PM »
Dunno how new it is, but the win puzzle cue has been shortened. If this was done before, please disregard this post.

rigsby

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004, 10:30:43 PM »
[quote name=\'WilliamPorygon\' date=\'Sep 6 2004, 09:15 PM\'] I think the graphic is actually meant to make it look less obvious when then they have to edit due to Pat hitting a bankrupt or something, [/quote]
 Do they edit those out now?  I remember at least once seeing Pat land on Bankrupt a few years ago.  Nice ad-lib as he was explaining the rules:  "Vowels are worth nothing...and neither are consonants."

adamjk

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2004, 10:42:44 PM »
Apparently they do. I never notice it though. Did anyone else not get credits BTW? After Pat and Vanna did their good-byes, they went straight to Jeopardy (well, the local lottery numbers and then J). Did this happen to anyone else?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:43:13 PM by adamjk »