Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC  (Read 238785 times)

Mike Tennant

Re: "$100,000 Pyramid" primetime this summer on ABC
« Reply #465 on: July 12, 2016, 12:49:05 PM »
Mind you, this was only the second show they had taped.
What's interesting to me is that I thought Strahan seemed much looser and better able to ad lib on this episode (and the Martha/Snoop one) than he did on last week's episodes, at least one of which had to have been taped after this one. Then again, it may be that some of the good stuff got edited out of those other ones.

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #466 on: July 17, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »
Anyone know if ABC is going to rerun tonight's (July 17) "Pyramid" on a Tuesday or Wed. or Thurs. in a week or two?
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #467 on: July 18, 2016, 12:34:10 AM »
Anyone know if ABC is going to rerun tonight's (July 17) "Pyramid" on a Tuesday or Wed. or Thurs. in a week or two?

Not sure, but with the upcoming conventions, there isn't as much of a need for filler programming.  The listings I have from TV Weekly have sitcoms on Tuesday.  That could change.  I'm presuming Dave doesn't have on-demand capability.  Generally all the ABC game shows are available the next day.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:34:45 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

« Reply #468 on: July 18, 2016, 12:42:59 AM »
What Jimmy said - the RNC will take up the 10pm timeslot this week Monday-Thursday, and Friday night is the usual 20/20 at 10.

Even in looking at updated listings on TV Guide's website, no encore presentations.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Tonight's WC
« Reply #469 on: July 18, 2016, 01:10:49 AM »
Watching the first half I thought the second half winner's circle was significantly more brutal than that in round one and indeed any episode thus far. Re: the $3,000 box, how many other answers were there?
Travis L. Eberle

colonial

Re: Tonight's WC
« Reply #470 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:36 AM »
Watching the first half I thought the second half winner's circle was significantly more brutal than that in round one and indeed any episode thus far. Re: the $3,000 box, how many other answers were there?

If u are talking about the Weird Al WC...

The player should have added the "the" article to his clues. Maybe it's me, but saying "the mini" instead of "mini" would get the partner closer to the answer.

Another way to do size for clues -- ankle length, knee length

I presume "Scottish kilt" would be an acceptable clue as well

JD

Mr. Matté

« Reply #471 on: July 18, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
Another potential issue I thought was with the emergency room category. I don't remember which round it was but the contestant said "A doctor... an urgent doctor." That would probably definitely be a buzzed clue in the 80s for a illegal lead to a clue (like "a long rose" for things with a stem) but now with these Urgent Care Centers (the step between a regular physician and the ER), is the correct title of a physician there an "urgent doctor?"

Unrealtor

« Reply #472 on: July 18, 2016, 09:36:01 AM »

The $3,000 box was a category where you were either going to be able to make the connection quickly or having a million years wouldn't help. In terms of other clues, "poodle", "christmas tree," and "Catholic schoolgirl's plaid uniform" came to mind.

$4,000 would have been gettable if the clue-giver had been able to stay calm. Al was almost there, but he only ever got a couple mediocre clues and some nodding.

$5,000 was not impossible, but if you don't get it from the figurative meaning the clue-giver used, I don't think it's possible to circle around and try the literal meaning. There is one clue I can think of that points directly to the word, but it requires knowledge of a relatively recent Broadway musical, which might or might not work.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #473 on: July 18, 2016, 10:46:13 AM »
but it requires knowledge of a relatively recent Broadway musical, which might or might not work.

FWIW, we thought of this too. Dunno if I'd have gotten it under the actual pressure of the situation, but as a swerve it's a decent clue.

After a few of "butt-plugs, ball gags, nipple clamps, a gimp suit", throwing in "Some garden hoses" might turn the light on.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #474 on: July 18, 2016, 11:18:42 AM »
"50 Shades of Grey"?

The first thing that came to mind was handcuffs, but that probably leads to Al guessing "Things a police officer uses..."
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #475 on: July 18, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »
but it's so obvious that Strahan is handed a clue on his way back out...

...for the benefit of the class I will point out that I don't find it "obvious" in the least.

I'm warming to him. When he's loose and joshing with the players, he's good fun and, in that way, pretty different from Dick Clark. And he's been doing it for, what, a month.

At the Winners' Circle, though, he doesn't seem as into the game. When Dick had the perfect answer--it often came up when he was leaning on the railing--you could sense his eureka. When Michael walked over and said "Ouija," for example, he spat it out flat and moved on. There was no sense--at least to me--that it was HIS answer.

BrandonFG

« Reply #476 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
I don't get why that's such a big deal. He doesn't have to be a carbon copy of Dick Clark, he needs to move the game along and offer a little guidance. Besides, there's a lot less airtime to work with, compared to 30 years ago...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2016, 03:37:44 PM »
After a few of "butt-plugs, ball gags, nipple clamps, a gimp suit", throwing in "Some garden hoses" might turn the light on.
Good weekend for you, then?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Fedya

« Reply #478 on: July 18, 2016, 04:00:50 PM »
and "Catholic schoolgirl's plaid uniform" came to mind.
Sorry, but I'd be buzzing this one for describing the word skirt instead of being a type of skirt.  (Bob Stewart's mileage may have varied.)  Reasonably good clue in the front, game, however.

Pleated and hoop haven't been given, I don't think.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2016, 04:31:37 PM »
Good weekend for you, then?

I debated whether to go for the "I call that 'Tuesday'" joke or not. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe