Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Bodypainting Competition Show ordered- "Skin Wars"  (Read 5682 times)

weaklink75

New Bodypainting Competition Show ordered- "Skin Wars"
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »

Now watch them pair it up with American Bible Challenge....

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/gsn-skin-wars-body-painting-competition-series/\'>http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/gsn-skin-wars-body-painting-competition-series/

(I\'m wondering how much they\'ll be able to get away with- there obviously will be a lot of nudity involved in this)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:25:19 PM by weaklink75 »

tyshaun1

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:22:04 PM »

There is already a show called \"Ink Master\", pretty much the same show from what I\'ve read. Still, it follows in their current non-game show policy of \'throw it on the sked and see if it sticks\'.

Next pickup will be between:

Mallard Monstrosity

Container Battles

Wildin\' Out with Wink

Sugar Baa-Baa

Tyshaun

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:28:16 AM by tyshaun1 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »
There are fewer things as painful as watching someone fail to be funny.

In other news, did Family Trade fall off the face of the earth?
Travis L. Eberle

Allstar87

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 08:49:39 PM »

It did. Not sure when the last episode aired, but it was gone by mid-June.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

There is already a show called \"Ink Master\", pretty much the same show from what I\'ve read. Still, it follows in there current non-game show policy of \'throw it on the sked and see if it sticks\'.

Container Battles

Too close to an existing show.  TruTV has Container Wars, which is like Storage Wars or Storage Hunters, but with a different cast, shipping containers primarily from overseas, and much higher prices than Storage Wars/Storage Hunters.

You\'d think GSN would have learned their lesson with epic one season, 8-episode reality bombs in the past (American Dream Derby, Family Trade, Carnie Wilson\'s reality show, et cetera).  Apparently not.  They might have to concede that their niche is, actually, game shows and as much as it may sicken some of us, Family Feud from the last decade.

weaklink75

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
At least there is an element of competition to this. Funny though, this is the 2nd show about body painting to be green lit this week- SyFy has a show in the works called Naked Vegas, though that\'s straight reality and not a competition..

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 10:44:24 PM »

Sugar Baa-Baa

This one got a laugh out of me.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tyshaun1

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 12:26:59 AM »

There are fewer things as painful as watching someone fail to be funny.

Thank you Travis. Wasn\'t trying to be funny, but shocking that you would type that since you seem to think you\'re the compass of the board.

Tyshaun

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:29:10 AM by tyshaun1 »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
If you weren\'t trying to be funny, then did you succeed or not? Can you succeed without really trying?
Travis L. Eberle

tyshaun1

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »

If you weren\'t trying to be funny, then did you succeed or not? Can you succeed without really trying?

My point was that GSN IMO simply looks at imitations of already popular reality shows and sticks a different name on them. Family Trade was quite similar to Pawn Stars, for example. For some reason, you decided that you wanted to announce you personally found it to be \'painfully unfunny\'. I\'m sorry that I failed you and will work harder to please you in the future. OK chief?

Tyshaun

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 12:47:06 AM »

My point was that GSN IMO simply looks at imitations of already popular reality shows and sticks a different name on them. Family Trade was quite similar to Pawn Stars, for example. For some reason, you decided that you wanted to announce you personally found it to be \'painfully unfunny\'. I\'m sorry that I failed you and will work harder to please you in the future. OK chief?

Tyshaun

I\'m sure he\'s not the only one who thought your humor was more Chris Holland than Chris Farley. Because I thought you laid a stinky deuce too.

I\'ll give you a B+ for effort but that really did fall flatter than a crepe.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:22:12 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 10:12:32 AM »

Guys, come on. It\'s obvious Tyshaun isn\'t trying out material to write for Letterman or Arsenio. He was adding some lighthearted humor to the thread, and poking fun at the reality genre and all the copycat shows out. No need to analyze it like we\'re conducting movie reviews.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »
He\'s the one who has \"what the hell did I just type?\" as his signature, not me. He tried to be funny, I said he missed the mark (and by a wide margin for some of them). That\'s it and that\'s all it is.
Travis L. Eberle

weaklink75

Re: New Bodypainting Competition Show ordered- "Skin Wars"
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 03:57:36 PM »
As an update- they've named the host; Rebecca Romijn (who fits into the show because of her Mystique role in the first set of X-Men films)...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Rebecca-Romijn-to-Host-GSNs-New-Original-Series-SKIN-WARS-20140204

BillCullen1

Re: New Bodypainting Competition Show ordered- "Skin Wars"
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 01:15:42 AM »
As an update- they've named the host; Rebecca Romijn (who fits into the show because of her Mystique role in the first set of X-Men films)...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Rebecca-Romijn-to-Host-GSNs-New-Original-Series-SKIN-WARS-20140204

According to an ad I saw at a NYC bus stop, this extravaganza starts airing on GSN in August. So there you go.