Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which "Pyramid" theme song do you like the most?  (Read 12563 times)

Argo

Which "Pyramid" theme song do you like the most?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2005, 05:08:35 PM »
My favourite would have to be Tuning Up. If the on air quality of "Tuning Up" was better, I think it may have gotten a better score on the poll. Every time I heard it on the episodes I've seen, its muffled and is slow to fade in after a win. It seemed like on pyramid, the music was muffled and the audience was crisp, which was the reverse on shows like Card Sharks, where the music was crisp and the audience was muffled. Also, speeding it up makes it sound more exciting too. Though the 80s remake did suit the show more in the new version, "Tuning Up" suited the 70s version. Something about the 73-81 versions seemed to make it more laid back and exciting, while the 80s version seemed too professional and restrictive (if that makes sense). Maybe the lack of shag.

Ramblingly Yours,
Argo

Tony

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 09:44:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 01:42 PM\'][quote name=\'Tony\' date=\'Dec 30 2005, 09:10 AM\']I think that the theme should be a mix of "Tuning Up" and Cobert's theme (newly recorded so as to not sound dated, of course). 
[/quote]
Dunno if you've heard it, but the Sierra PC version of $100,000 Pyramid has a remixed version of the theme (it's really repetitive, really just the main refrain, but enough of a concept that you get the idea where they went with it) that would, when properly fleshed out, make a fine fine "new new" theme for a "fixed" version of the show.
[snapback]106245[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes, I have heard it.  While not quite what I had in mind, that could work too.

daveromanjr

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2006, 11:39:59 AM »
I really do think Tuning Up is a great song, but the 80's theme is a better gameshow theme.  I also believe each theme fit the show perfectly.  I've often wondered why Tuning Up sounded so harsh on air.

kurtinrod62

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2006, 11:25:55 AM »
Both the 70s and 80s themes. Don't know why, but the former gives me chills, while the latter is one of the better updates. Both themes scream Pyramid.