Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do-it-yourself Card Sharks home game  (Read 15318 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Do-it-yourself Card Sharks home game
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 09:16 PM\']ROTFALMAO

Don't I at least get to say what I want on my tombstone?  (pepperoni and sausage, hold the anchovies) ;)
[/quote]
Thank you so much for proving our point.  You're not part of the joke; you are the joke.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 10:56:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 08:21 PM\']Thank you so much for proving our point.  You're not part of the joke; you are the joke.
[snapback]101765[/snapback]
[/quote]
Some of us don't need to hear the joke.

One could take that two ways.  I'll leave it to you to figure out which way I was taking it.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2005, 11:11:50 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 10:16 PM\']ROTFALMAO

Don't I at least get to say what I want on my tombstone?  (pepperoni and sausage, hold the anchovies) ;)
[snapback]101764[/snapback]
[/quote]

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 11:12:08 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2005, 11:53:16 PM »
Ooh! Ooh! Remember those battery commercials with the creepy plastic people?

Ah, good times.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

musicman

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2005, 12:23:28 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 11:11 PM\']WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
[snapback]101777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't you remember the Tombstone pizza commercials?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2005, 12:27:54 AM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 01:23 AM\'][quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 11:11 PM\']WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!
[snapback]101777[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't you remember the Tombstone pizza commercials?
[snapback]101782[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dude...STOP. NOW. You're just making the situation worse.

You got the WHOOSH because you didn't get the joke. You're an idiot. Go away. Please.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2005, 12:39:07 AM »
This reminds me of when I was 14 or 15 years old, and active on ATGS.  I would frequently ask people to play in a ICQ game, or in my netgames.  

One day Tom Hornikel hosted 'Net Match Game, with a 5-person panel.  "I" then walked onto the set; and wanted to be on the panel too.  A routine followed; with there not being enough chairs for me, etc...and I eventually was esocrted off stage by Mary Lou Basabara with a Crock Pot.  

Click here .

My reaction was similar to yours. (Off board) I laughed, and said "thanks for the mention".  Looking back on it; it was a gentle way of telling me (that I didn't get) that perhaps I shouldn't be so intruding.

If you want to learn from this, go ahead...if you choose to continue your idioicy, that's fine too; but be ready to be convicted in the court of public opinion.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 12:46:19 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2005, 02:18:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 8 2005, 09:39 PM\']but be ready to be convicted in the court of public opinion.
[snapback]101784[/snapback]
[/quote]
Too late, I think.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

sshuffield70

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 12:39 AM\']This reminds me of when I was 14 or 15 years old, and active on ATGS.  I would frequently ask people to play in a ICQ game, or in my netgames. 

One day Tom Hornikel hosted 'Net Match Game, with a 5-person panel.  "I" then walked onto the set; and wanted to be on the panel too.  A routine followed; with there not being enough chairs for me, etc...and I eventually was esocrted off stage by Mary Lou Basabara with a Crock Pot. 

Click here .

My reaction was similar to yours. (Off board) I laughed, and said "thanks for the mention".  Looking back on it; it was a gentle way of telling me (that I didn't get) that perhaps I shouldn't be so intruding.

If you want to learn from this, go ahead...if you choose to continue your idioicy, that's fine too; but be ready to be convicted in the court of public opinion.
[snapback]101784[/snapback]
[/quote]

Gee, Tom was really cheap.....just like the '98 version.

musicman

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2005, 04:40:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 12:39 AM\']This reminds me of when I was 14 or 15 years old, and active on ATGS.  I would frequently ask people to play in a ICQ game, or in my netgames. 

One day Tom Hornikel hosted 'Net Match Game, with a 5-person panel.  "I" then walked onto the set; and wanted to be on the panel too.  A routine followed; with there not being enough chairs for me, etc...and I eventually was esocrted off stage by Mary Lou Basabara with a Crock Pot. 

Click here .

My reaction was similar to yours. (Off board) I laughed, and said "thanks for the mention".  Looking back on it; it was a gentle way of telling me (that I didn't get) that perhaps I shouldn't be so intruding.[/quote]

Back in the days when I was NOT so intrucive, I was pathetic and had no future... nowadays I'm proud of my intrucivness and I now have a more positive prospect.  :)

P.S. What does "Whoosh" mean?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2005, 04:44:39 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 01:40 PM\']Back in the days when I was NOT so intrucive, I was pathetic and had no future... nowadays I'm proud of my intrucivness and I now have a more positive prospect.  :)
[/quote]
Uh, yeah.
P.S. What does "Whoosh" mean?
It means the joke (which you are the butt of) flew right over your head. Unsurprisingly.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

musicman

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2005, 04:57:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 04:44 PM\']It means the joke (which you are the butt of) flew right over your head. Unsurprisingly.
[snapback]10183[/snapback]
[/quote]

I suspected that.

tvwxman

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2005, 07:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 04:57 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 04:44 PM\']It means the joke (which you are the butt of) flew right over your head. Unsurprisingly.
[/quote]

I suspected that.
[snapback]101843[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't believe that it's taken me 99 of your posts to put you in the killfile. Too bad you couldn't make it into triple-digits there , kid.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2005, 07:25:59 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 04:57 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 04:44 PM\']It means the joke (which you are the butt of) flew right over your head. Unsurprisingly.
[/quote]

I suspected that.
[snapback]101843[/snapback]
[/quote]

My suggestion is to quit replying in this thread...As your reputation around here is only sinking further with each one.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
[quote name=\'musicman\' date=\'Nov 9 2005, 05:40 PM\']P.S. What does "Whoosh" mean?[/quote]
Inadvertent line of the day?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.