Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad game shows do you like  (Read 10213 times)

trivia202003

Bad game shows do you like
« on: March 09, 2005, 02:11:01 PM »
What game show flop do you actully like?

Ex. Mindreaders, Tic Tac Dough '90, The Joker's Wild '90

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 02:17:53 PM »
Mindreaders.  Greatest show ever.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 02:31:11 PM »
Three's a Crowd was actually kind of engaging. Liked the theme song too.

I could prolly sit thru TJW90 again...I used to watch it everyday on USA and it was all right, even though I of course prefer the earlier versions.

Judging by the clip I saw on Klauss' site, Camouflage seemed unintentionally funny. Had me cracking up, esp. the faux dramatic music.

Quicksilver wasn't the WORST game show ever, but a little too tedious for a half-hour show.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 02:48:47 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »
I really loved Friend or Foe and still do.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 02:44:57 PM »
Well, I guess someone has to cast a vote for HIT MAN.

Anybody want to volunteer?  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

DrBear

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 03:03:27 PM »
Somebody has got to throw something seriously obscure in here, so...

"Let's Play Post Office," a 60s NBC game. Don Morrow read letters that gave a clue to somebody or something. (For example, a letter with the line "It's cold up here. It's below zero. I mostel you this." led to "Fiddler on the Roof.")

You can see how this would get old quickly, but it had a great set, complete with mailboxes.

(EDIT) Can I change my vote, Garry? See later post.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 08:12:21 AM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tvwxman

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 03:16:32 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 03:03 PM\']Does anybody have a clear copy of the theme from "60 Minutes?" Not the current one, the original with the different stopwatch.
[/quote]

OT, but another classic sig. kudos!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

HairMetalLives

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 03:27:46 PM »
I actually quite enjoy "The Joker's Wild" 1990. Another "flop" I like is "Hot Potato" (I call it a flop because it was only on for a half a year), and I like "Monopoly " & "Small Talk."

pyl85

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 03:32:06 PM »
If Wipeout was half as fun as the computer game, it's too bad it lasted only a season.

-Greg

Ian Wallis

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 03:40:58 PM »
Three's a Crowd was actually kind of engaging. Liked the theme song too.

"Three's a Crowd" was OK.  By the way, does anybody have a copy of that theme song?

Anybody?

(Ouch...watch where you're throwing....)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

cacLA8383

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 04:39:13 PM »
I would have to say The Joker's Wild 90 was a good game. Now, I may get killed for this, but I can honestly say Tic Tac Dough 90 was at least tolerable to watch. *ducks*

JMFabiano

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 05:15:29 PM »
Well if those infamous Faux Pause Picks bumpers should be taken as credible sources, I'm sure Bullseye would count amongst my choices ;-)  (And yes after 7 years I still have not forgotten that!)

I actually did/do think the Rapping Dragon was unintentionally funny.  And TTD90 wasn't THAT big of an abuse...the look and sounds of it were inferior to the Wink era, of course, but it was basically the same game.

All About Faces...I've seen one full episode but it's endearingly cheesy enough for me to want to see more.

BTB'85...I know we hate it for, among other reasons, what K&F did to Gene.  But I recently got two episodes and it didn't manage to completely break my will to live or anything.

MG/HS Hour...seems we as a whole are divided on this one.  You either love or hate it.  I did the former.  

Hit Man...another show with no gray area.  Either it was boring or an unappreciated classic.  I can't help but be partial to it having grown up with it.  The set and the music were great too.

Video Power...well back in the day I loved it.  What 12-year-old wouldn't be attracted to a game show where you could get tons of free video games?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Don Howard

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 05:21:06 PM »
Would Break The Bank (model year 1976) be considered a flop? True, it lasted a mere three and a half months, but according to material presented in this forum, it was near the top of all daytime ratings during its run.
By the way, Jimmy, please use "Break The Bank" next in your last sig rotation. Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 05:21:49 PM by Don Howard »

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 05:28:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 05:21 PM\']Would Break The Bank (model year 1976) be considered a flop? True, it lasted a mere three and a half months, but according to material presented in this forum, it was near the top of all daytime ratings during its run.
By the way, Jimmy, please use "Break The Bank" next in your last sig rotation. Thanks.
[snapback]77626[/snapback]
[/quote]

If it's cancelled after 16 weeks, it's still a flop.  A qualified flop, but a flop nonetheless.  And the lackluster performance of the syndicated weekly version didn't help matters any.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 05:32:19 PM »
"Bad" being a subjective term in either your mind; or in the minds of the majority of a group.

If I like a show that is "bad", I think that its "good".

What "bad" shows do I like?  Shop 'Til You Drop [Finn]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 05:50:29 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13