Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: You Teases!  (Read 7590 times)

Don Howard

You Teases!
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:41:56 AM »
CNBC runs a show called Bullseye. But 'tisn't the Jim Lange hosted program of the early 1980s. They talk about money but don't give it away.
TLC runs a show called Second Chance. Has the Jim Peck classic been unearthed? No, it's just a bunch of people doing work on a flamin' house.

sshuffield70

You Teases!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:45:49 AM »
Which network was running Dream House, but not the one with either Mike Darrow or Bob Eubanks?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
You Teases!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 12:05:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 09:41 AM\']TLC runs a show called Second Chance. Has the Jim Peck classic been unearthed? No, it's just a bunch of people doing work on a flamin' house.
[snapback]70013[/snapback]
[/quote]
Man, what show on TLC ISN'T people doing work in a freakin' house? :)

At least Discovery gives me people working on cars and motorcycles.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

You Teases!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 11:45 AM\']Which network was running Dream House, but not the one with either Mike Darrow or Bob Eubanks?
[snapback]70016[/snapback]
[/quote]

HGTV

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
You Teases!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 10:41 AM\']CNBC runs a show called Bullseye. But 'tisn't the Jim Lange hosted program of the early 1980s. They talk about money but don't give it away.
TLC runs a show called Second Chance. Has the Jim Peck classic been unearthed? No, it's just a bunch of people doing work on a flamin' house.
[/quote]
I'll add one more--ABC News Now runs a show called Tattle Tales (two words, granted, but most people as far as I know don't add the pronounced space).  A gossipy show if ever there was one.

ABCNN is usually found on one of those digital second or third ABC channels (in Chicago, WLS used the channel to farm out the Cowboys/Seahawks Monday night NFL game when they decided to stay on news programming to devote coverage to a major bank building fire).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

You Teases!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 12:31:53 PM »
Which network was running Dream House, but not the one with either Mike Darrow or Bob Eubanks?

HGTV

And at least one time, TVGuide listed it as "Dream House---Game".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

GSWitch

You Teases!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 12:33:03 PM »
There was a 1985 action show on CBS called "Double Dare" that had nothing to do with Spoilers & Physical Challenges.

uncamark

You Teases!
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 12:35:03 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 12:22 PM\'][quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 10:41 AM\']CNBC runs a show called Bullseye. But 'tisn't the Jim Lange hosted program of the early 1980s. They talk about money but don't give it away.
[/quote]
I'll add one more--ABC News Now runs a show called Tattle Tales (two words, granted, but most people as far as I know don't add the pronounced space).  A gossipy show if ever there was one.

ABCNN is usually found on one of those digital second or third ABC channels (in Chicago, WLS used the channel to farm out the Cowboys/Seahawks Monday night NFL game when they decided to stay on news programming to devote coverage to a major bank building fire).
[snapback]70025[/snapback]
[/quote]

And in Chicago, Comcast subscribers can get ABC News Now if they have an HD set and an HD box, even though the channel's not HD, just digital.  As a digital subscriber, I'm not happy about that, especially since it looks like all digital tier subscribers will get NBC Weather Plus (the Peacock's own digital side channel) when it launches here week after next.

ObGameShow:  Al Roker hosted "Remember This?" on MSNBC.  I'm sure he'll be seen on NBC Weather Plus in promos.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
You Teases!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 12:39:15 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 11:35 AM\']And in Chicago, Comcast subscribers can get ABC News Now if they have an HD set and an HD box, even though the channel's not HD, just digital.  As a digital subscriber, I'm not happy about that, especially since it looks like all digital tier subscribers will get NBC Weather Plus (the Peacock's own digital side channel) when it launches here week after next.
[snapback]70031[/snapback]
[/quote]
Weird--I don't have an HD set or HD box, but I get the channel (217).  Or am I totally misconstrueing your complaint (even worse, am I totally misspelling "misconstrueing" ;-) )?

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

aaron sica

You Teases!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 12:43:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 12:31 PM\']

HGTV

And at least one time, TVGuide listed it as "Dream House---Game".
[snapback]70028[/snapback]
[/quote]

Same with a 1994 or 1995 show on VH1 called "Body Language". TV Guide also listed it as a game. I got briefly excited, thinking it *WAS* the game show...

uncamark

You Teases!
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 01:02:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 12:39 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 11:35 AM\']And in Chicago, Comcast subscribers can get ABC News Now if they have an HD set and an HD box, even though the channel's not HD, just digital.  As a digital subscriber, I'm not happy about that, especially since it looks like all digital tier subscribers will get NBC Weather Plus (the Peacock's own digital side channel) when it launches here week after next.
[snapback]70031[/snapback]
[/quote]
Weird--I don't have an HD set or HD box, but I get the channel (217).  Or am I totally misconstrueing your complaint (even worse, am I totally misspelling "misconstrueing" ;-) )?

[snapback]70034[/snapback]
[/quote]

Lucky.

Someone said on another board that this was an across-the-board Comcast thing, but they may be wrong.  Worth asking a supervisor if I ever run into one (most Comcast customer reps have two solutions for everything--zap the box or send a serviceman out).

BrandonFG

You Teases!
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 02:44:05 PM »
CNBC once did a show called "Money Wheel" in the early-90s. Me, being the naive 9 or 10 year old that I was, immediately thought it was a "Wheel" rip off.

ObGameShow: The movie "Double Jeopardy" (Tommy Lee Jones, Ashley Judd, c. 1999) has nothing to do with Alex Trebek.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

GS Warehouse

You Teases!
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 04:38:02 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 5 2005, 02:44 PM\']ObGameShow: The movie "Double Jeopardy" (Tommy Lee Jones, Ashley Judd, c. 1999) has nothing to do with Alex Trebek.
[snapback]70061[/snapback]
[/quote]
That must not have been the first movie with that title, because per The Jeopardy! Book, Merv Griffin said that after retitling the former What's the Question?, he recalled a movie called Double Jeopardy and thought it would be a perfect title for the second round.

Also, wasn't there a nine-hour epic from the early 1920s called Greed?  ISTR someone thinking GSN must have run it through the Time Machine several times, based on his satellite guide.

DjohnsonCB

You Teases!
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2005, 05:15:23 PM »
Richard Crenna and Patty Duke once starred in a sitcom called "It Takes Two", and there was an episode of "NBC Action Theatre" in the early '70s titled "Double Jeopardy".  By coincidence, one of the actors in the drama was a pre-$otC Jack Kelly, and the series was hosted by Art Fleming, who said he "liked the title of tonight's episode."
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

ChuckNet

You Teases!
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2005, 06:56:27 PM »
That must not have been the first movie with that title, because per The Jeopardy! Book, Merv Griffin said that after retitling the former What's the Question?, he recalled a movie called Double Jeopardy and thought it would be a perfect title for the second round.

There was also a made-for-TV film in the mid-90s called Double Jeopardy that starred Brittany Murphy and Joe Penny...when the aforementioned Tommy Lee Jones/Ashley Judd film w/the same name came out, the former was retitled Victim of the Night to avoid confusion.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 08:42:16 PM by ChuckNet »