Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show bloopers  (Read 25302 times)

adamjk

Game show bloopers
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2004, 03:25:47 PM »
That's ok. I can understand why you might doubt me, considering my history here

dzinkin

Game show bloopers
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2004, 03:36:35 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 03:25 PM\'] That's ok. I can understand why you might doubt me, considering my history here [/quote]
 That alone says to me that you're not as far gone as I used to think. :-)

And since I didn't exactly apologize -- I'm sorry.

mystery7

Game show bloopers
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2004, 03:56:32 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 01:53 PM\'] When questioned by the male celebrity (whose identity I can't recall at this point)

[/quote]
 That'd be Nathan Cook.

I've saved lots of great celeb/contestant exchanges from Pyramid. Here's one for "Mononucleosis:"

Celeb: This is the kissing disease...
Contestant: VD?

Hard left: Anyone remember Henry Polic II trying to read clues on Double Talk?
"The double talk is: Paddle, Paddle, Paddle...Your Watch."

Lemonjello

Game show bloopers
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2004, 04:13:57 PM »
[quote name=\'gshowguy\' date=\'Aug 29 2004, 06:11 PM\'] 2.) A man responds "Turkey" to all five questions during the "Big Money" round on Family Fortunes [/quote]
 Actually, he "only" responded "turkey" to three of the questions (the first three).

adamjk

Game show bloopers
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2004, 04:25:15 PM »
Here's another Pyramid moment on $25,000 Pyramid:

Dick to a celebrity I think: You were great last night.

celebrity: Thank you Dick so were you.
(audience goes nuts)

Dick: No, no, no! They're gonna get the wrong idea! Not here in front of the.....

celebrity: The movie yes, the movie was good wasn't it?

Dick: The movie. Boy, you're swift.

Note: I am not sure if it was a contestant or celebrity he was speaking to. I just saw the clip online, there was no mention if it was a celeb or a contestant. Can someone let me know?

Steve McClellan

Game show bloopers
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2004, 04:32:33 PM »
It was Lucie Arnaz.

Think before you post: Would he have any reason on Earth to say that to a civilian?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:34:08 PM by gameshowsteve »

Kevin Prather

Game show bloopers
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2004, 04:58:24 PM »
Of course! Surely everyone knows that Dick Clark slept with all the female contestants!
:-P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:58:55 PM by whoserman »

aaron sica

Game show bloopers
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2004, 05:01:10 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 04:58 PM\'] Of course! Surely everyone knows that Dick Clark slept with all the female contestants!
:-P [/quote]
 He sure might have slept with all of the celebrities!! ;)

While not exactly a game show blooper, it still involved Dick Clark - didn't Oprah once have him on her show and say something to the effect of "I can't celebrate New Year's without a little Dick"...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game show bloopers
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2004, 05:25:36 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 02:01 PM\'] didn't Oprah once have him on her show and say something to the effect of "I can't celebrate New Year's without a little Dick"... [/quote]
 Man. If I'm Stedman, I'm PISSED. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Game show bloopers
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2004, 06:44:07 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Aug 31 2004, 04:01 PM\']
While not exactly a game show blooper, it still involved Dick Clark - didn't Oprah once have him on her show and say something to the effect of "I can't celebrate New Year's without a little Dick"... [/quote]
Dick was on Oprah's show in Spring 1997 to promote the American Bandstand coffee table book that came out around the time, as well as a FOX dramatic semi-reality series premiering that Fall whose title escapes me at the moment. It was during this interview Oprah made that slip of the tongue.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 06:44:40 PM by zachhoran »

Steve Gavazzi

Game show bloopers
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2004, 02:41:06 AM »
Gonna throw this one out, not so much because it's funny as to see if anyone else actually remembers it:

Mid-'80s episode of Price; game is Deluxe Dice Game.  Bob doesn't realize there's a ten-thousands digit that needs lit up until halfway through the game.

Robair

Game show bloopers
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2004, 07:36:59 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Aug 29 2004, 08:01 PM\'] I know this is true, I heard it from good authority at Golden Road. It was a while ago, but I do know it happened, even if I haven't seen it. If you want proof, I can ask over Golden Road if you want. [/quote]
 Here's the deal. It happened around '85 or so. The kid was a college kid, and he wore a shirt with words to the effect that "Bob, I'd give the shirt off my back to win". He gave Bob his shirt after he won the Showcase Showdown (not on camera), and before the showcase Barker thought he should have a shirt on, so Barker took his shirt off (not on camera) and gave it to the contestant, and Barker put his jacket back on and did the showcase just wearing a suit jacket. The contestant wore Barker's shirt through the showcase. At the end of the show the models tried to take his jacket off.

It's worth it dragging this back from three days so this thread doesn't swell to 60 pages.
--Robair

johnnya2k3

Game show bloopers
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2004, 04:11:39 AM »
Here's a few more from me:

Mark Thompson calling Michael Smith "Michelle" on Greed

Alex: If a Japanese doctor asks you to stick out your "shita", he means this.
Contestant: What is your behind?
(From Jeopardy! international tournament in Sweden)

The "Mosquitoes" on "Scrabble"

The "YOU FOOL!!" episode on Hollywood Squares, which took up the entire half-hour!

Garry Moore holding an armadillo until it started to poop (and the panelists trying not to walk on it) on an early '70s "To Tell The Truth"

I've Got A Secret: One of the panelists trying to milk a cow until IT started to poop and later went off the stage

The "erection" clue to "Things that are stiff" on Davidson $100,000 Pyramid

Joker's Wild: A slide listing the categories not popping up behind Jack Barry's podium and Jack ad-libbing ("These were written in invisible ink; if we don't have the categories, I'll make them up as we go along")

Jonathan Allen

whewfan

Game show bloopers
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2004, 05:23:45 AM »
About the IGAS Cow blooper, I think GSN aired the episode where this happened, but the part where the cow had "bad timing" was missing, but yet everyone KNEW what happened. I guess the moment was edited out of the original broadcast, but someone was smart enough to save this rather uncomfy but funny moment.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Game show bloopers
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2004, 09:36:05 AM »
I think GSN aired the episode where this happened, but the part where the cow had "bad timing" was missing, but yet everyone KNEW what happened.

It was in there on GSN, just as MOGSM aired it. I never noticed what it had done until the second time I saw it, but it was in the original broadcast.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck