Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another "What if...."  (Read 12536 times)

zachhoran

Another "What if...."
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2004, 07:58:28 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 27 2004, 12:43 PM\']
Even so, the problem with MGPM was that so much editing had to be done on many episodes in order to get a half hour show with three question rounds and two audience matches (leaving less time for the joking around, as I'm sure quite a few bits made the cutting room floor--moreso for time rather than content).
 [/quote]
 The Daily Syndie MG suffered from this problem, particularly on the Thursday and Friday episodes. While that run of MG straddled, there was no straddling from Friday into Monday(six maingames/tiebreakers and Super Matches were played a week, two each by each pair of contestants). This led to a great deal of non-gameplay editing on the Thursday and Friday episodes, and the usual MG tiebreaker being replaced with the MGPM quickie tiebreaker.

Ian Wallis

Another "What if...."
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2004, 09:48:21 AM »
The first season I thought suffered from the opposite problem--with only two question rounds the proceedings had to move a bit slower to fill out the half hour. It's probably one reason why they added the third round to begin with.

I wonder why they decided to do only two questions in the first season.  When you look at the daytime episodes that were airing at the time, you could always fit at least six questions comfortably into the half hour.  There was always one additional minute of commercials in daytime as well.  
Oddly enough, I believe it was on the very first episode where they had a tie and had to play six questions anyway!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!