Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If TPiR Began Naming Rights For Pricing Games...  (Read 5457 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
If TPiR Began Naming Rights For Pricing Games...
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2004, 11:31:11 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Aug 13 2004, 03:54 AM\'] The pricing game celebrating its silver anniverary this coming season...

PILLSBURY'S GRANDS BISCUITS GRAND GAME! [/quote]
wow. Hutchinson's contribution looks positively clever by comparison. :)

(actually, it prolly WAS clever. We just didn't get it. I don't think we were meant to. :))
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 11:41:02 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2004, 11:54:03 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 02:44 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Aug 12 2004, 02:12 PM\'] Ah, I see.  I wasn't born yet (and if you believe that, I have some swampland in New Jersey. . .).  :)

Well, since we're invoking retired games, I can't believe anyone hasn't come up with the E.T. PHONE HOME GAME.

How wuz Shower Game played?  ;-) [/quote]
Bob told Dian to meet him in his dressing room after each TPiR taping. If she did, he'd give her something out of his pocket...not a $100 bill.[/quote]
Is that a Sony mike you're holding or are you happy to see me?  :)

Shower Game (retired)
Five showers stood on the stage, each marked with a different possible price for a car. One shower was correct, the two next closest price showers won the player $100, the remaining two sprayed the contestant with confetti. Player could jump into showers until winning the car or getting sprayed.

And now you know why it got retired in a hurry--hitting contestants with confetti is so un-"TPIR," especially since back then there may've still been a few people in the audience who upon seeing Bob Barker would be afraid that he'd come and hit them with a pie in the face.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2004, 06:20:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Aug 13 2004, 10:31 AM\'](actually, it prolly WAS clever. We just didn't get it. I don't think we were meant to. :))[/quote]
It wasn't clever, just obscure. You might get an "aha" out of it, but that's about all.

In case you're still rapt with wonder, Bar None's the company (that does auto LOANS, now that I can think clearly) where "everyone deserves a second chance."
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2004, 05:04:59 AM »
Here's my $.02 worth whatever it is.

I'm surprised no one's gotten this one yet, but I'm thinking investments here:

The Wall Street Journal-BUY OR SELL

ABC's PASS THE BUCK(yes it was an ABC show from 1978 so I thought I slip that in)

ACME Co. DANGER PRICE(a ficticious company from the Road Runner cartoons)

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce WALK OF FAME
« Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 05:06:17 AM by Craig Karlberg »

byrd62

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2004, 06:39:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 04:04 AM\']ABC's PASS THE BUCK(yes it was an ABC show from 1978 so I thought I slip that in)

[/quote]
Except that it was on CBS during the spring of 1978.

That Pass the Buck, loosely based on Pyramid, but with just contestants, was hosted by Bill Cullen, created and produced by Bob Stewart, and was the last CBS game show to originate from New York [taped at the Ed Sullivan Theater, original home of Pyramid.]

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 05:04 AM\'] Here's my $.02 worth whatever it is. [/quote]
 Don't tempt me.

[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\']ACME Co. DANGER PRICE(a ficticious company from the Road Runner cartoons)[/quote]

Acme, to the best of my knowledge, is a real company (or perhaps several real companies).

zachhoran

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2004, 07:49:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 10:42 AM\']
Acme, to the best of my knowledge, is a real company (or perhaps several real companies). [/quote]
 I know at least two companies with the name: Acme Markets(Supermarket chain in NJ/Phila. area), and Acme, a company out of NYC who packages smoked salmon and other NY-style deli staples.

dzinkin

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2004, 08:03:50 PM »
Let's not forget the Acme that's most on-topic here, Acme Communications...

http://www.acmecommunications.com

uncamark

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2004, 12:39:54 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Aug 14 2004, 07:03 PM\']Let's not forget the Acme that's most on-topic here, Acme Communications...

http://www.acmecommunications.com[/quote]
An appropriate name, since virtually all of their stations are WB affils and former WB chief Garth Ancier is/was one of the principals in the company.

And Albertson's owns Acme supermarkets now, which is why Patricia Heaton can shill for them in the east, Albertson's in the west and Albertson's-owned Jewel in the midwest.

ObGameShow:  "Please deposit your ring into the Pool of Seven."