Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morning Schedule Change  (Read 16729 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2004, 02:43:18 PM »
It's Perry CS at 9:00, followed Eubanks CS at 9:30.

HTML'ed version: http://www.gameshowutopia.com/August.htm
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 02:45:13 PM by Seth Thrasher »

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 02:46:29 PM »
That's what I thought, but Pyramid80 says Eubanks CS is gone. Really doesn't make any difference to me, and I don't think the Prof would have omitted the dropping of Eubanks. To sum up the changes best as I can figure:

GOING: Cram, LMAD, KvS

COMING: Perry CS, MG 90, Hollywood Showdown, All New 3's a Crock

My regrets are the final days of Cram and the unexplainable return of All New Yuck. My goody is a chance to see Hollywood Showdown, which seems to have been a pretty good original, though my naked eyes have never beheld it.

Looks like the schedule is going more and more towards traditional studio gamers, especially with the exit of the Canadian duo in favor of WL at night and Street Smarts during the day. The one non-trad show that GSN really seems sold on right now is Dodgeball. Well, the upcoming horseracing epic is definitely non-traditional, too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 02:53:56 PM by CaseyAbell »

Pyramid80

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 02:56:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 01:43 PM\'] It's Perry CS at 9:00, followed Eubanks CS at 9:30.

HTML'ed version: http://www.gameshowutopia.com/August.htm [/quote]
 I guess it does make sense doesn't it?  For some reason I was thinking that Card Sharks was normally in the 9:00 slot but it was actually 9:30.  So I guess Perry's version will replace CRAP...I meant CRAM.

Chelsea Thrasher

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 03:03:02 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 01:46 PM\'] The one non-trad show that GSN really seems sold on right now is Dodgeball. [/quote]
 Blackjack...

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 03:05:17 PM »
Nice job on the HTML schedule. But why is Dawson Feud listed in the graveyard? It's still got five showings.

Guess you'll have more work to do when the dual feed kicks in. Also, I agree that Street Smarts will take over for Next Action Star. Street Smarts seems to be the putty GSN shoves into any crack in the schedule. When you've got 640 eps, you've got a lot of putty.

And not to restart an ancient fight, but nobody's been able to explain to me why Blackjack isn't a traditional game show. The Zap2it and Comcast schedules can't see any difference, either.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:07:00 PM by CaseyAbell »

Chelsea Thrasher

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 03:08:11 PM »
Meant to indicate it's the Syndicated version...Whoops.

Of course, GSN's got a lot more putty sitting in the vault, but heaven forbid they occasionally fill a crack with something from THERE.  

Of course, what GSN shoves in their cracks is their own business :-P

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 03:17:40 PM »
Soon as I wrote "shove" and "crack" I knew I was in trouble. But I was too lazy to change it. Anyway, I like Street Smarts more than most of the antiques, so GSN can shove all they want.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:19:49 PM by CaseyAbell »

Jimmy Owen

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 03:20:31 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 02:05 PM\']
And not to restart an ancient fight, but nobody's been able to explain to me why Blackjack isn't a traditional game show. The Zap2it and Comcast schedules can't see any difference, either. [/quote]
 To my mind, a traditional game show has an on-camera host conducting the show for both viewers and players.  From what I have seen, the Card Game shows are pretty much structured in the vein of sports play-by-play, with commentators observing, rather than leading the procedings.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 03:24:16 PM »
What does Dave Stann do then? He runs the game, makes comments, interacts with the players. Sure, Vasgersian offers more commentary because the game is a lot more complicated than, say, Card Sharks. And Alex Boorstein gets in a (post-produced?) joke once in a long while, plus doing some contestant interviews.

Naw, still can't see any real difference. I don't think there is any real difference.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:59:52 PM by CaseyAbell »

Jimmy Owen

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 03:39:18 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 02:24 PM\']
Naw, still can't see any real difference. I don't think there is any real difference. [/quote]
 The whole thing looks like a sports broadcast, and I don't think anyone thinks a televised football or baseball game is a game show, no matter how liberal the definition.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Don Howard

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 03:42:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 01:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 12:58 PM\'] Looks like Eubanks Card Sharks is still on at 9:30. [/quote]
It is my understanding that Card Sharks will be limited to the Perry version from 9:00 until 9:30, (not 9:00 and 9:30).  I could be wrong, but that is how I interpret it. [/quote]
 This is an understanding based on what? Where anywhere on Stosh's site or elsewhere are the words "Eubanks version yanked" or words to that affect typed?

CaseyAbell

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 03:55:41 PM »
The whole thing looks like a sports broadcast, and I don't think anyone thinks a televised football or baseball game is a game show, no matter how liberal the definition.
Gee, we're retreading all the arguments from the GSN board. Guide Angel finally threw up her hands and requested a cease-and-desist.

But this "sports" thing really had me puzzled. What athletic skills are being tested in the "sport" of blackjack? Chip-pushing? Forehead-rubbing? Getting up from the table?

If there's anything that GSN's blackjack show DOESN'T resemble for me, it's a sport, or a sports broadcast, or a sports bar, or anything even remotely related to athletic competition.

Now Dodgeball...you're in the house with that one.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:57:55 PM by CaseyAbell »

Pyramid80

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 04:01:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jul 29 2004, 02:42 PM\'] This is an understanding based on what? Where anywhere on Stosh's site or elsewhere are the words "Eubanks version yanked" or words to that affect typed? [/quote]
 I changed my thoughts in a post about an hour ago.  Sorry for any confusion.

Winkfan

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 06:19:43 PM »
While it is nice to see the 1970's Card Sharks back in action, I'm afraid to say that it too is gonna be a victim of those 'right-up-to-the-end' credit crunches. Which means, we're gonna miss out on that boss theme song at the end of the show.

I wouldn't blame Jim Perry if he became crushed over this side-effect.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Patti Deutsch of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

PeterMarshallFan

Morning Schedule Change
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 06:23:57 PM »
The New.....

Hollywood Showdown: I'm surprised to see this back, but pleasantly so. Wasn't this supposed to return with new episodes in Janurary 2002 but never did? I seem to recall reading something like that.

All New 3's A Crowd: Meh. I don't really care either way.

MG90: Great! VERY nice to see this again.

Perry CS: Another show that it's very nice to see again.

The departing....

Cram: Finally...I'm glad this stinker is dead, hopefully this time for good.

Syndie Dawson FF: Again, I don't really care. If I want Feud, I'll watch the 5PM block.

Weekday WOF: Helps to cut down on the overrunning....

LMAD: Too bad this had to go, but I guess it's worth it with three good shows coming back in exchange.

Kenny vs. Spenny: Good riddance to this thing.....
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 06:25:36 PM by PeterMarshallFan »