The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Buzzr aspect ratio

<< < (6/6)

Pyramid80:

--- Quote from: chris319 on June 24, 2022, 06:32:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pyramid80 on June 19, 2022, 12:14:31 PM ---
I see the black side pillars on all the shows Buzzr airs.  They’re always the same size, and everything is proportioned correctly.  I sometimes see ‘postage stamps’ with black pillars on the top and bottom as well during commercials shot in the 16:9 format and then swished into the 4:3 perspective for Buzzr, but that’s the only time I see postage stamps.  I never see postage stamps during the actual program.

--- End quote ---

How does the lower-right logo look to you?

I can't think of a show running on Buzzr that was produced in 16:9, so the majority of shows can be expected to have pillars.

--- End quote ---
The Buzzr logo is a perfect circle.  Everything is in the correct perspective.  If something were off, I would change the aspect ratio to fit, but I rarely adjust it from 16:9.

chris319:
Has anyone noticed a change in the aspect ratio of Buzzr lately?

The Buzzr logo appears to be more round than previously, and there is not the excessive horizontal blanking on shows produced in 4:3 as previously.

That's the good news. There are commercials produced and transmitted in 16:9 on Buzzr which have excessive horizontal and vertical blanking, IOW, there are black borders around the 16:9 picture. The picture does not fill the entire raster. OTOH, the 4:3 shows fill the raster vertically as they should; only the horizontal blanking is wide as you would expect when a 4:3 program is transmitted.

I've seen incompetent broadcast engineers who think they know what they're doing come in and louse things up because they actually don't. When I worked for Rupert's evil empire, Warner Bros. complained to us about messed-up video levels on TMZ, a good catch on their part. TMZ was a big f*cking deal at that station. My boss at the time feared for his job and was shaking in his boots; making TMZ look right became top priority.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version