The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?

<< < (11/23) > >>

JMFabiano:

--- Quote from: calliaume on October 19, 2021, 12:16:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: tvwxman on October 19, 2021, 12:12:02 PM ---An ad Buzzr posted on FB says it hasn't been seen on over the air tv in 20 years. How can that be , esp with the new version on GSN for a few seasons?

If they're going to go back into the archives for this - great. Otherwise, i'm just not a fan and don't need to see the 97 version played again.

--- End quote ---
It's technically correct: it hasn't been seen "over the air" in over 20 years--the last syndicated run ended in 1999, and GSN is a cable channel. Even though Buzzr is sometimes thought of as a cable channel, it's technically a digital broadcast channel.

Judging by the picture, it's the 1997-1999 Eubanks version. Yawn.

--- End quote ---

Now wondering when GSN last reran the '90s version.  (and the Twitter post says "not seen on TV" only)

If it will only be that version, a sizeable asterisk comes with it, needless to say.  Sony doesn't seem too proud to acknowledge anything before the 90s, it seems...so if they're only getting the '97 version, I wonder if it was Sony that insisted on leasing out more contemporary episodes?  Then again, we don't know which episodes yet for sure, so who knows? 

--- Quote ---Now that we know what show it is, my guess is it takes the 10pm hour to replace MGHSH.  Eubanks's Card Sharks now has the 9:30 PM slot, so you get 90 minutes of him.
--- End quote ---

If it wasn't short-lived, I'd have said perhaps Trivia Trap, CS, and NG.  But this sounds more like it.  It also depends how many episodes they get/which version(s).  An hour a day on the weekdays will burn through episodes really quick. 

clemon79:

--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on October 19, 2021, 12:21:58 PM ---I’m wondering if this wording means they don’t have the rights to run it on the streaming feed, only OTA/cable.

--- End quote ---

More likely that the streaming version of the channel doesn't even show up as so much as a blip on their distribution radar, as made evident by the number of ad sales made on it.

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on October 19, 2021, 12:57:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on October 19, 2021, 12:21:58 PM ---I’m wondering if this wording means they don’t have the rights to run it on the streaming feed, only OTA/cable.

--- End quote ---

More likely that the streaming version of the channel doesn't even show up as so much as a blip on their distribution radar, as made evident by the number of ad sales made on it.

--- End quote ---
Definitely eating my words on this acquisition.

Their streaming channel is on so many platforms, it has to be a moneymaker. So its odd that the wording specifically leaves it out.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on October 19, 2021, 01:24:24 PM ---Their streaming channel is on so many platforms, it has to be a moneymaker. So its odd that the wording specifically leaves it out.

--- End quote ---

From what, carriage fees? They literally run nothing but house ads on it otherwise. What kind of carriage fees can they command?

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on October 19, 2021, 02:39:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on October 19, 2021, 01:24:24 PM ---Their streaming channel is on so many platforms, it has to be a moneymaker. So its odd that the wording specifically leaves it out.

--- End quote ---

From what, carriage fees? They literally run nothing but house ads on it otherwise. What kind of carriage fees can they command?

--- End quote ---
There are no ads on the stream on their website, but the various streaming platforms insert their own ads (Pluto especially) so I'm guessing there's a revenue sharing agreement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version