The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?

<< < (12/23) > >>

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on October 19, 2021, 02:39:32 PM ---From what, carriage fees? They literally run nothing but house ads on it otherwise. What kind of carriage fees can they command?

--- End quote ---
One of the streaming services (STIRR, I believe) said awhile back that Buzzr was the second most watched network on their platform. So there's that.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on October 19, 2021, 02:47:30 PM ---There are no ads on the stream on their website, but the various streaming platforms insert their own ads (Pluto especially) so I'm guessing there's a revenue sharing agreement.

--- End quote ---

Oh, you are probably right. I forget that I record the direct stream from the website.

Jimmy Owen:
Oh, it's Newlywed Game?  Yawn.

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: snowpeck on October 19, 2021, 02:47:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: clemon79 on October 19, 2021, 02:39:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on October 19, 2021, 01:24:24 PM ---Their streaming channel is on so many platforms, it has to be a moneymaker. So its odd that the wording specifically leaves it out.

--- End quote ---

From what, carriage fees? They literally run nothing but house ads on it otherwise. What kind of carriage fees can they command?

--- End quote ---
There are no ads on the stream on their website, but the various streaming platforms insert their own ads (Pluto especially) so I'm guessing there's a revenue sharing agreement.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, from what I understand, most of the free ad-supported streaming TV providers--the major ones anyway--operate on a revenue-sharing arrangement.

And you're right, there's definitely money being made:
https://www.fiercevideo.com/video/pluto-tv-tubi-and-others-will-see-u-s-fast-market-hit-4-4b-by-2023

gamed121683:
And...we now have a teaser promo, whoopee! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version