Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionaire Phone Game Starts Tonight  (Read 29541 times)

jdhernandez

Super Millionaire Phone Game Starts Tonight
« Reply #165 on: February 24, 2004, 03:06:08 AM »
I think my luck went from worse to worser ( even though I realize that isn't really a word ) .... tonite really put the cap on it...

Question #1, put these words in order...something something title...about Napoleon

1. Warsaw
2. Grand
3. of
4. Duchy ( I believe it was that)

I punched in 2, 4, 3, 1...and the computer said I was wrong? Either my phone is wired very wrong (I don't think it was that), or the computer falsely called me wrong. I'm 100% sure the order was 2431, so why in the heck was I counted wrong? I had a few seconds to spare and clearly waited for the tone. That was just...very bizarre. *shrugs* Oh well, as long as I know I got it. Plus, at least I can say I got to question 5 twice...now I need someone to yell at....
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #166 on: February 24, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »
Congrats to those who qualified the last 8 nights.  Before I leave this thread, I wish Super Millionaire much sucess during its 5-night run & maybe, just maybe, it'll come back again.  Till next time.  Peace.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 05:01:43 AM by Craig Karlberg »

MarkSDavies

« Reply #167 on: February 24, 2004, 10:10:41 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 02:26 AM\'] My final question? Put these Martin Scorsese films in order by release, starting w/most recent:
1. Cape Fear
2. Gangs of NY
3. The Color of Money
4. Raging Bull

I thought I had it wrapped up...and then choked when the final choice was read, unable to remember when RB was released (something a search on Yahoo might have confirmed for me, but as I said, I choke under pressure, never mind that I was right by my computer and online...LOL), and ended up keying in 2-4-3-1, depriving myself of the final chance to qualify.

As it turns out, the 2nd hit on Yahoo shows "Raging Bull (1980)"

[/quote]
 I don't know if it's any consolation, but it wasn't just Raging Bull that got you - Color of Money was before Cape Fear, so I think the right sequence was 2-1-3-4 ....

uncrph90

« Reply #168 on: February 24, 2004, 12:29:10 PM »
No Call--Oh, well--hopefully in May!

uncamark

« Reply #169 on: February 24, 2004, 04:34:22 PM »
[quote name=\'JoeBReeves\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:17 AM\']Holy WOW. This is the single most difficult question I have ever encountered:

Put the following books in order of their geographic setting, starting from the northernmost.

Say WHAT?

1. The Orchid Thief
2. The Alienist
3. A Seperate Peace
4. Tobbacco Road[/quote]
"Tobacco Road" and "The Orchid Thief" (the book Charlie Kaufman and his non-existent brother--both played by Nicolas Cage) were trying to turn into a screemplay in "Adaptation") were both set in the south, so I'm assuming the other books were set there, as well.

ObGameShow:  The real Charlie Kaufman wrote the screenplay for "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind."

trainman

« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2004, 02:11:01 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:34 PM\'] "Tobacco Road" and "The Orchid Thief" (the book Charlie Kaufman and his non-existent brother--both played by Nicolas Cage) were trying to turn into a screemplay in "Adaptation") were both set in the south, so I'm assuming the other books were set there, as well. [/quote]
 This is one of those "it's only easy if you've heard of the books" answers..."A Separate Peace" is set in a New England prep school, "The Alienist" is set in New York City, "Tobacco Road" is set in Georgia, and "The Orchid Thief" is set in the Everglades.  So the correct answer would have been 3-2-4-1.

Now, when I was trying to qualify, why couldn't I have gotten more questions like that and fewer questions where I had to put cities in Mexico in geographical order?
trainman is a man of trains

BrandonFG

« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2004, 11:04:27 AM »
Well, I tried my best to call in last night, to redeem myself for my Q.4 mis-dial, but the phone line was busy all evening. I then remembered that this was the final night of the call-in contest.

I was honestly pissed a little, though, that I couldn't get in at all between 7pm and 1am.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 11:36:15 AM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MarkSDavies

« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2004, 02:20:10 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 11:04 AM\'] Well, I tried my best to call in last night, to redeem myself for my Q.4 mis-dial, but the phone line was busy all evening. I then remembered that this was the final night of the call-in contest.

I was honestly pissed a little, though, that I couldn't get in at all between 7pm and 1am. [/quote]
 I think Monday was the last night - there might have been confusion because the lines closed at 3 AM Tuesday morning.