The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows with no "perishable" information used

<< < (3/9) > >>

Kniwt:
I'll nominate 1960s Beat the Odds, although one could argue that words "added" in the decades since then wouldn't have been allowed. "S, G, 7 exactly." "SEXTING?"

TLEberle:
High Rollers and Gambit are both luck-driven and if it's all hints from Heloise you could argue that etiquette doesn't really perish.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: Kniwt on June 14, 2020, 09:52:42 PM ---I'll nominate 1960s Beat the Odds, although one could argue that words "added" in the decades since then wouldn't have been allowed. "S, G, 7 exactly." "SEXTING?"

--- End quote ---

Piggybacking on your point, even on games like Pyramid, difficulty goes up and down as new phrases, titles, etc. enter common parlance. When I was hosting Pyramid online around 2010 or so, I had "THINGS THAT MATTER" at the top of the pyramid. In 2013, that category became considerably easier.

Jeremy Nelson:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on June 14, 2020, 09:59:05 PM ---High Rollers and Gambit are both luck-driven and if it's all hints from Heloise you could argue that etiquette doesn't really perish.

--- End quote ---

Even the etiquette trivia is still perishable, because social norms change over the years.

Loogaroo:

--- Quote from: Kevin Prather on June 14, 2020, 10:02:32 PM ---Piggybacking on your point, even on games like Pyramid, difficulty goes up and down as new phrases, titles, etc. enter common parlance. When I was hosting Pyramid online around 2010 or so, I had "THINGS THAT MATTER" at the top of the pyramid. In 2013, that category became considerably easier.

--- End quote ---

The biggest problem with Pyramid is that everyone who's a fan of the game have had years and years to find "on the nose" clues to all the Winner's Circle subjects that could possibly come up. I can't write a board with "Things that are warped" as a subject because everyone already knows what to say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version