The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game shows with no "perishable" information used

<< < (2/9) > >>

parliboy:
I argue that survey driven games are not perishable.  Ask the same topical question in 1980, 2000, and 2020, and you get way different responses.

Loogaroo:

--- Quote from: parliboy on June 14, 2020, 01:38:09 PM ---I argue that survey driven games are not perishable.  Ask the same topical question in 1980, 2000, and 2020, and you get way different responses.

--- End quote ---

You would still need to conduct the surveys, though. If I'm viewing this from the standpoint of "what games do I not need to write material for", then Feud or Card Sharks would not qualify.

Lingo would also be on the list, and while it does use one nine-letter word per show, it's such a minimal drag on the process that I'd include Countdown.

Kevin Prather:

--- Quote from: parliboy on June 14, 2020, 01:38:09 PM ---I argue that survey driven games are not perishable.  Ask the same topical question in 1980, 2000, and 2020, and you get way different responses.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't that mean the game IS perishable? If the question asked in 1975 wouldn't get the same answers today, then it is past its use.

That Don Guy:

--- End quote ---
Feud redid a survey at least once during its ABC run, and got a different #1 answer - "Name a famous Henry." IIRC, the first time, #1 was Fonda; the second time, either during or right after the Happy Days "boom," it was Winkler.

SuperMatch93:
Original Password could count, probably not Plus or Super though since the puzzles could be products of their time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version