Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Name Game canceled  (Read 11979 times)

johnnya2k3

Re: Celebrity Name Game canceled
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 01:23:10 PM »
It'll be Cedric.
Nope, it'll be Jimmy Kimmel! (they just announced it)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 01:29:01 PM »
Jimmy Kimmel the Entertainer has no ring to it at all.
Travis L. Eberle

johnnya2k3

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »
No, I meant Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting the 2017 Oscars. And, to the best of my knowledge, he'll be the third game show personality after Johnny Carson and Whoopi Goldberg to have that elite gig.

As for Name Game's cancellation: I wasn't surprised; its competition at 6:30 pm on WUPA here in Atlanta? The news!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 02:04:31 PM »
No, I meant Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting the 2017 Oscars. And, to the best of my knowledge, he'll be the third game show personality after Johnny Carson and Whoopi Goldberg to have that elite gig.

Proving once again that your knowledge isn't all that good, especially considering the can of worms you are opening by counting Goldberg.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

As for Name Game's cancellation: I wasn't surprised; its competition at 6:30 pm on WUPA here in Atlanta? The news!

Um. aren't you forgetting Conrad Nagel?  :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
I wasn't surprised; its competition at 6:30 pm on WUPA here in Atlanta? The news!

Feud competes against the news in that slot in New York and does just fine.

And you really don't know how to count because just by looking at the host list I found at least double your estimate, and that's panel members alone. (Certainly several had to have Got a Secret or where mystery guests on top of that.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 03:15:53 PM »
My level of caring about the Oscars is 0.95 honey badgers, but I just want the record to show that I was referring to Johnathan's pronouncement of Entertainer of the Year. The real news is that I forgot to buy a bottle of ketchup for the office kitchen this morning.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 03:45:00 PM »
Go back to my original post. The show did ok, just not well enough to justify another season. The ratings in Atlanta don't indicate anything.

Again...I wonder if CNG gets renewed if Feud isn't on a roll, and has the mediocre numbers it did during the Karn era?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

johnnya2k3

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
I wasn't surprised; its competition at 6:30 pm on WUPA here in Atlanta? The news!

Feud competes against the news in that slot in New York and does just fine.

And you really don't know how to count because just by looking at the host list I found at least double your estimate, and that's panel members alone. (Certainly several had to have Got a Secret or where mystery guests on top of that.)
Carson hosted "Who Do You Trust?" shortly before the Tonight Show, and Whoopi was center square/semi co-host on Hollywood Squares (Tom Bergeron). Alec Baldwin (current Match Game reboot) co-hosted in 2010 with Steve Martin, so that makes it four.

But Celebrity Name Game will go down in history as the only show to have eight closing logos, as opposed to four on the animated "Back To The Future" (which they showed on a quadruple-screen).

Maybe CNG should've considered moving production to New York -- where the more popular late night talk shows originate from nowadays -- instead of axing it.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 08:20:10 PM »
Maybe CNG should've considered moving production to New York -- where the more popular late night talk shows originate from nowadays -- instead of axing it.
The upside of that is what, exactly?
Travis L. Eberle

colonial

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 09:22:39 PM »

To clarify -- CNG was downgraded in Atlanta on WUPA-TV to 1:30am ET this fall. The station currently airs four episodes of FF in the 6-8pm block.

JD

johnnya2k3

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »
Shouldn't you be preparing for your press conference to announce your Entertainer Of The Year?
...which was Netflix, by the way.

But Celebrity Name Game knew the writing was on the wall when it got banished to 1:30 in the morning here in Atlanta.

aaron sica

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »
Shouldn't you be preparing for your press conference to announce your Entertainer Of The Year?

Whoosh...........

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »

Nobody cares. Seriously. Nobody. Friggin'. Cares.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 12:19:49 PM »
But Celebrity Name Game knew the writing was on the wall when it got banished to 1:30 in the morning here in Atlanta.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the game show industry doesn't revolve around what Atlanta does. It wouldn't be CNG's decision, it would be that of the syndicator.

First you said the show died because it couldn't beat the evening news. Now you're saying it's because it got banished to overnights. Make up your mind.

/Or don't...both theories are wrong
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!