Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC makes a "Deal  (Read 17317 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2004, 12:46:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 11:06 AM\'] (And yes, it's Hasselbeck, she's Matt's brother-in-law. ;))
 [/quote]
Brother-in-law???!!!  :)

Well, it could be worse.  Former NC State basketball stand out Chuck Nevitt once said, "My sister's expecting and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."  :)

Doug -- soon to celebrate 300 posts
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 12:46:43 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

GSWitch

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2004, 12:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 11:34 AM\'] Is he going to ask his guests to sit in--The Chair?  :)

(Not that there aren't some cable news pundits I'd love to see get Heartstoppers.) [/quote]
 And he'll probably tell all the guest stars, "You may not answer the question!" (LOL)

tommycharles

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2004, 01:17:32 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 10:04 AM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 07:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:28 AM\'] How about Stephanie Birkett? [/quote]
Should I know who that is?
I'd prefer Stephanie Miller. [/quote]
If I'm not mistaken (and I didn't know her name was spelled like that), she plays the ever popular Monty on David Letterman's gabfest.

[/quote]
 It was intended sarcastically, although it helps to have a clue who I'm talking about ;-)

And I think that's how you spell it...check the ending credits on the LS sometime...

MikeK

• Martha!
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:06 PM\'] I haven't seen Elizabeth's work yet, but I just get the feeling she'd be way too bubbly for a show like this. [/quote]
 Way too bubbly, plus I'd rather give a show like this to a halfway-qualified individual, not someone who just started on The View a few months ago and probably has next to no interest in hosting a game show.

(And yes, it's Hasselbeck, she's Matt's brother-in-law. ;))

Married to Washington Redskins QB Tim Hasselbeck.

And to make this ObGS if it wasn't already, Matt Hasselbeck was on Wheel of Fortune's NFL Players Week last week.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2004, 02:06:34 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 11:31 AM\'] Married to Washington Redskins QB Tim Hasselbeck.

[/quote]
 Hence the wink.
And to make this ObGS if it wasn't already, Matt Hasselbeck was on Wheel of Fortune's NFL Players Week last week.
Where he was confronted with the puzzle:

G R _ _ N
B A Y
P A C K _ R S

...and attempted to buy an "O", thereby turing the game over to Al Harris. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gameshowguy2000

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2004, 02:32:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 10:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:12 AM\'] If they want a woman to host this new "Deal," I'd suggest Joanna Gleason. [/quote]
At the very least, it's an infinitely more sensible pick than Barbara-freakin'-Walters. [/quote]
 WHAT?! I think we should give Barbara Walters a chance to host a game show.

She hasn't hosted one yet, you know. Give her a chance! I most definitely would!

SRIV94

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2004, 02:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 11:31 AM\'] Married to Washington Redskins QB Tim Hasselbeck.

[/quote]
Hence the wink.
And to make this ObGS if it wasn't already, Matt Hasselbeck was on Wheel of Fortune's NFL Players Week last week [/quote]
 Which still doesn't explain how she is Matt's brother-in-law.  Unless "brother-in-law" is now gender neutral.  :)

How's this for a 300th post?  (I know, lame like the other 299. ;) )

Doug
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2004, 03:08:44 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:52 PM\'] Which still doesn't explain how she is Matt's brother-in-law.  Unless "brother-in-law" is now gender neutral.  :)
 [/quote]
 Excellent point. My, this crack is smooth....

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2004, 03:10:15 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 02:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 10:55 AM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:12 AM\'] If they want a woman to host this new "Deal," I'd suggest Joanna Gleason. [/quote]
At the very least, it's an infinitely more sensible pick than Barbara-freakin'-Walters. [/quote]
WHAT?! I think we should give Barbara Walters a chance to host a game show.

She hasn't hosted one yet, you know. Give her a chance! I most definitely would! [/quote]
 And you'd last as long as "The Newlywed Game" did on ABC in 1984.

I'll give you a chance to prove your point, however.  WHY should she get a chance?  I really don't see any hosting qualities in her.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2004, 03:15:08 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:32 PM\'] WHAT?! I think we should give Barbara Walters a chance to host a game show.

[/quote]
 Yes, we know that. It's pretty easy to figure out that your Barbara Walters fetish is up there with with "John's" jones for Megan Mulally and Fun House.
She hasn't hosted one yet, you know.
Naw, really?
Give her a chance! I most definitely would!
Obviously. What's it like working for Thad Dixon?

I can't see a SINGLE thing about her that makes me look at her and say "Give that woman a stack of questions and stand back." NOT ONE.

johnnya2k3

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2004, 03:20:28 PM »
Hmmm...Is Colleen Haskell available, since she ultimately turned down Survivor All-Stars?

Jonathan Allen

MikeK

• Martha!
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2004, 03:50:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 02:06 PM\'] Hence the wink.
Where he was confronted with the puzzle:

G R _ _ N
B A Y
P A C K _ R S

...and attempted to buy an "O", thereby turing the game over to Al Harris. :)
ROFLMAO!  Didn't Hasselbeck make a prediction after the first toss-up puzzle that he'd win the game? ;-)

A little NFL humor for ya.  Actually, it's very little NFL humor.

Missed the wink, Chris.  That's my error for the month. :-)

clemon79

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2004, 03:53:29 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:50 PM\'] ROFLMAO!  Didn't Hasselbeck make a prediction after the first toss-up puzzle that he'd win the game? ;-)

[/quote]
 That's correct. "I'm gonna spin the wheel first, and I'm gonna WIN!"
Missed the wink, Chris.  That's my error for the month. :-)
You missed the wink, I missed the gender. I'd pretty much call that a wash. :)

SRIV94

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2004, 04:03:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 02:53 PM\'] You missed the wink, I missed the gender. I'd pretty much call that a wash. :) [/quote]
 Don't feel too bad, Chris.  You've made six times as many posts as I have, yet somehow I've managed to make six times as many errors as you have (at least--prolly more). ;-)

And can you upload some of that smooth stuff?  :)

Doug
Doug

ChuckNet

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2004, 05:20:37 PM »
How about Peter Tomarken? I think he'd do all right w/the format, and there are certainly worse choices for the hosting slot.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")