Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sale of the Century: Discussion on Matt Ottinger's episode  (Read 17669 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Sale of the Century: Discussion on Matt Ottinger's episode
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:15 PM »
Uncle Bill might have been hosting TJW against Sale at the time.  I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't like any promotion for another then-active host or a potential competing show.

At least one market that I know of (New York City) had both shows carried by the same station, WOR Channel 9
I think Mike means the fact that both shows competed against each other in syndication.

/I think WVEC aired them back to back that season, in the 4 pm hour*
//*Or was that TTD?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2014, 07:13:30 PM »
Uncle Bill might have been hosting TJW against Sale at the time.  I'm sure the powers that be wouldn't like any promotion for another then-active host or a potential competing show.

At least one market that I know of (New York City) had both shows carried by the same station, WOR Channel 9
I think Mike means the fact that both shows competed against each other in syndication.

/I think WVEC aired them back to back that season, in the 4 pm hour*
//*Or was that TTD?
Brandon gets the square.  It was possible to have TJW vs. Sale in 1985-86.

Related to where John went, Sale and The Joker's Wild both aired here on WBNX-55 but it didn't start until early 1986, when WBNX launched.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
For the record, by the time of this airing, I had already acquired a serious chunk of my board game collections, but while I was a fan, of course, I hadn't specifically pursued Cullen as a subject of research.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JakeT

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2014, 01:23:52 AM »
I think WVEC aired them back to back that season, in the 4 pm hour*

Interestingly enough (or not), $otC & TJW aired back to back as well in Boston on channel 66...but instead of being stuck in an afternoon timeslot, they were given the prime spot, airing at 7:00pm/7:30pm respectively...I have great memories of my first partner and I laying up in the bed in our teeny-tiny rented room, eating lots of tuna and ramen noodles and enjoying some game shows! 

I think that was when I knew he must have loved me if he was willing to indulge my game show addiction (which he did NOT share) every single weeknight...:)

JakeT