Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN listings missing from TV Guide.  (Read 4863 times)

Jimmy Owen

GSN listings missing from TV Guide.
« on: August 23, 2014, 09:14:07 AM »
I still subscribe to TV Guide Magazine (mostly in the hope that they'll change back to the digest-sized version).  For the last two issues, there haven't been any listings for GSN.  Not sure of the reason.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

aaron sica

Re: GSN listings missing from TV Guide.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 10:09:34 AM »
I still subscribe to TV Guide Magazine (mostly in the hope that they'll change back to the digest-sized version).  For the last two issues, there haven't been any listings for GSN.  Not sure of the reason.

Jimmy, I'm as big a TVG fan as you are, and I honestly don't ever think they're going to change back to the digest-sized version (I'm assuming you mean with the local listings). Too many channels now, and technology has rendered it obsolete. As for GSN gone, I know they nixed a whole bunch of channels from the listings and unfortunately GSN was one of them.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
I hear you, Aaron.  I was visiting one of the local hospitals and they print up a digest-sized TV listings magazine for the patients with the local stations that has much more info than the one at the newstands.

aaron sica

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
I hear you, Aaron.  I was visiting one of the local hospitals and they print up a digest-sized TV listings magazine for the patients with the local stations that has much more info than the one at the newstands.

The closest thing I have found is something called TVWeekly which seems to be making its way across the country. Up until now, I'd only seen it offered in conjunction with newspapers. Recently on their website it says they have a Harrisburg edition but I saw no hints of the Patriot-News offering it. Then I found it in the grocery store. They have local listings seven days a week. Sunday and Saturday listings are 6am to 4am (yes, the 4am-6am is missing). Weekdays are from 6am-12:30pm in one shot with daily breakdowns for some channels (like movie channels), and then daily listings from 12:30pm to 4am the next day (broken up over a few grids of course).

And yes, they're all grids and no logs but it's the "next best thing". A movie and sports guide and cable conversion charts, too.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
I still subscribe to TV Guide Magazine (mostly in the hope that they'll change back to the digest-sized version).

They will fold first; honestly I'm surprised they haven't already. I get why some of you collect them (historical record and all that - and honestly how useful a historical record is it when they don't even include all of the history?) but for the vast majority of TV consumers in 2014 (aside from the technologically-petrified and crossword-inept) they are an utterly useless product.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 07:22:54 PM »
Haven't bought a Sunday paper in awhile, do many of the bigger markets still have their own version of a Tv Guide?

That Don Guy

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
I still subscribe to TV Guide Magazine (mostly in the hope that they'll change back to the digest-sized version).
They will fold first; honestly I'm surprised they haven't already.
Because they're trying to turn it into a TV-only version of Entertainment Weekly that keeps TV listings pretty much "because it's still TV Guide".

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 10:45:39 PM »
Haven't bought a Sunday paper in awhile, do many of the bigger markets still have their own version of a Tv Guide?

My local papers, to the best of my knowledge, all have one. The paper I usually get has had a tabloid-sized local listing paper for years.

I believe the Post and the Daily News have them as well but if I remember correctly, the Daily News' TV guide isn't the small magazine it used to be and is instead included in one of the pullout sections.

I know a guy who used to buy the Sunday Daily News only for the TV listings. He would take the paper outside, pull the TV guide out, and chuck the rest in the garbage. Why he did this I don't know.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
Somebody other than me must have raised a fuss, because as of the Nov 10 issue, the GSN primetime listings are back. (Along with a number of other networks TVG dropped) Granted, it's pretty much Family Feud and The Chase, but at least they are listed again.