Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66496 times)

byrd62

Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2014, 01:13:27 AM »
/Kevin McHale??

"not the one you're thinking of."

Probably the Kevin McHale who plays Artie (the wheelchair-bound dude) from Fox's soon-to-retire musical comedy-drama Glee, as opposed to the former Celtics basketball player who currently coaches the Rockets.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
/Kevin McHale??

"not the one you're thinking of."

Probably the Kevin McHale who plays Artie (the wheelchair-bound dude) from Fox's soon-to-retire musical comedy-drama Glee, as opposed to the former Celtics basketball player who currently coaches the Rockets.

And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.

(I had to double check because I couldn't remember where I'd heard the name either)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

daveromanjr

« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2014, 11:44:51 AM »
And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.

Man... that's ROUGH.  I sometimes think my job is difficult but then you hear stuff like this.  Poor guy.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2014, 12:59:26 PM »

Man... that's ROUGH.  I sometimes think my job is difficult but then you hear stuff like this.  Poor guy.

Post some more; I want to drizzle this over my pancakes. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2014, 02:56:58 PM »

Your sarcasm is noted. (If you were being serious I withdraw the statement with apologies)

The point I was making is that, quoting him directly, is that he has a hard time staying in character during certain scenes because he gets the urge to get up and dance with everybody when they're performing.

Hell, if it wasn't for me double checking I would've assumed that he actually was physically disabled.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:10:24 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
The point I was making is that, quoting him directly, is that he has a hard time staying in character during certain scenes because he gets the urge to get up and dance with everybody when they're performing.
Does he not take acting that seriously, then? Because "staying in character" and "don't break the fourth wall" were things we were taught in the first few days at summer stock theater camp, and they were things that were harped upon in rehearsal notes.

/reminds me of when Krusty portrayed FDR; he got up from his wheelchair during a monologue only to blurt out "oh, that's right--I'm crippled."
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
Does he not take acting that seriously, then?

He said he got the urge, not that he acted on it, so I'm going to assume he does take acting seriously, because otherwise he would be wasting everyone's time and that's how you get canned. And he's been on the show from Day One.

"don't break the fourth wall" were things we were taught in the first few days at summer stock theater camp

Must not have been in class that day
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

polo23

« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2014, 09:46:02 PM »
Celebrity Name Game:
9/22/14 1-032 1-045
9/23/14 1-059 1-026
9/24/14 1-016 1-055
9/25/14 1-046 1-050
9/26/14 1-003 1-066

Originals will air until November 26th.
Originals will resume on 1st run on January 12th.
Originals will resume on 2nd run on February 2nd.

Thunder

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
I'm willing to bet my life savings that somebody wins the bonus game on episode 1-032.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:11 AM »
(Some details may change in the 2-to-3 weeks after this post, but here's what I've been able to gather at this point in time:)

Huntsville-Decatur-Florence, AL market:

WHDF-CW-15
4:00pm - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (double run, both current season, no change from last season - other than the host, of course;) )

WHNT-CBS-19
9:00am - Let's Make a Deal (now in HD, no change in time slot)
10:00am - The Price Is Right (no change)

WAAY-ABC-31
2:00pm - Jeopardy! year-ago repeat (moved from 4:30pm)
6:00pm - Jeopardy! first run (no change)

WAFF-NBC-48
6:30pm - Wheel of Fortune (no change)

WZDX-Fox-54
3:00pm - Family Feud (double run, no change)

WZDX DT2-MyNetworkTV-54.2
6:00pm - Family Feud (double run, repeated from 3 hours earlier on the main channel, new addition)

It looks as though Celebrity Name Game (as per its website) and Let's Ask America will not air in this market (though WAFF, owned by Raycom, still has a TBA for the 11:30am slot occupied through the end of this week by the now-canceled America Now; the new Raycom-mandated shows will air in the 2:00pm hour.)
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

daveromanjr

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »

Your sarcasm is noted. (If you were being serious I withdraw the statement with apologies)

Hell, if it wasn't for me double checking I would've assumed that he actually was physically disabled.

Oh it was sarcasm.  Read this statement out loud: And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.  Really, read that out loud and try to not find something sarcastic to say about this fact.

Marc412

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »
In Philly, the game show lineup is pretty much the same as last year except for the addition of Celebrity Name Game Thursdays and Fridays from 8 to 9, Saturdays at 10:30 and Sundays from 9 to 10.
Oops, my fault.  It looks like Millionaire and a rerun of Jeopardy! will be on at 2PM on WPVI, up against Steve Harvey.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »
Thing I just noticed in going through the listings: Millionaire bounces back to KSTW from KONG, moving to 10am which puts it opposite TPIR, for the second time in a short while.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »
In Philly, the game show lineup is pretty much the same as last year except for the addition of Celebrity Name Game Thursdays and Fridays from 8 to 9, Saturdays at 10:30 and Sundays from 9 to 10.
Oops, my fault.  It looks like Millionaire and a rerun of Jeopardy! will be on at 2PM on WPVI, up against Steve Harvey.
Some of the ABC O&Os are experimenting with putting those two syndie games in the 2PM slot and moving General Hospital back to its old 3PM slot. Interesting strategy.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

PYLdude

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2014, 05:16:27 PM »

Oh it was sarcasm.  Read this statement out loud: And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.  Really, read that out loud and try to not find something sarcastic to say about this fact.

I wouldn't find the need to in the first place. It was unnecessary and I didn't appreciate it.