Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show themes that were actually stock music.  (Read 9625 times)

Bryce L.

Re: Game show themes that were actually stock music.
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »
Did any of Stone Stanley's mid-90s shows use stock music?

Their music was in-house. I forgot which half of the pair it was, but one of the two names in the Stone-Stanley partnership was a composer.

-Jason
I believe David Stanley. I remember seeing his name in connection with the Legends of the Hidden Temple music back a couple of years ago.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 04:37:59 AM »
Did any of Stone Stanley's mid-90s shows use stock music?

Their music was in-house. I forgot which half of the pair it was, but one of the two names in the Stone-Stanley partnership was a composer.

-Jason
I believe David Stanley. I remember seeing his name in connection with the Legends of the Hidden Temple music back a couple of years ago.

As do I. Specifically regarding the idiot who disregarded his copyrights by posting the TVPMM Vault cuts Stanley submitted by putting them on YouTube and then, after Stanley notified him of the violation, advertised that he was moving them to a Yahoo group or something. That was the last I heard of any of it, so.I'm curious to see how that got resolved.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Chief-O

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »
I've been wondering about the BTB '76 theme....I know it's been recycled at least twice, but I've never been sure whether it was stock or commissioned.
.....and it goes like this!!!

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »
I'll have to dig the Crystal CD out to check. If memory hasn't totally faded, he was doing a bit where he slipped into some sort of a Hollywood character, and used the music piece to get in and out of the "star's" appearance and bit. I knew the original Pyramid was a bit of stock music when I was having a dinner at a nice restaurant with Muzak in the background, and suddenly the tune appeared. My date began to question by suitability for a long-term relationship when I told her that was the Pyramid theme. I called Musak's office in Kalamazoo the next day and tried to find out what it was. Oh, those days.....

WhammyPower

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »
Those across the pond might recognize track 42 here and a piece used when Julie Chen visited The Late Late Show a while back (starts at 0:19 below)

/Would love to know which library CBS uses nowadays, and not just for that piece...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:57:47 PM by WhammyPower »

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
I have heard the music to Guess What? somewhere before the video was posted here.  It sounds like very generic stock music.

GMar

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »
Password's CBS run first used "Holiday Jaunt" which was from a production library.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
I've been wondering about the BTB '76 theme....I know it's been recycled at least twice, but I've never been sure whether it was stock or commissioned.

I was always under the impression it, like so many others, was a Hidey piece.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

JakeT

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 09:18:14 AM »

I was always under the impression it, like so many others, was a Hidey piece.

Nope...the BTB'76 theme was a Stu Levin composition titled "Hustle The Bank"...

JakeT

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »
Those across the pond might recognize track 42 here

Yeah, there's fun all over that collection.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Allstar87

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »
Pretty sure Instant Recall's theme song was stock; I also heard it in a Cartoon Network short circa 1998. (It can be heard at 0:24 in the vid below.)

Instant Recall also recycled one of Debt's cues, which I thought was a nice touch.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:19:23 AM by Allstar87 »