Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wink Martindale's selling t-shirts on the internet  (Read 5959 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Wink Martindale's selling t-shirts on the internet
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 03:31:36 AM »
I really wish he'd do another round of shirts and have whoever they're made through give a bigger size than 3x. They look so sweet. :)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

pacdude

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »
They're made through Teespring, a kickstarter-type site for T-shirts. They handle everything except design, so printing, delivery, website, etc. If Wink/John/Caleb were to have gone through a traditional screenprinter (which would have cost them money up front, instead of having us pay for them), they could do whatever they wanted. But, this way is more convenient, more cost effective for them, and has someone else handling the busy work.

Contact Teespring and request that they carry larger shirts.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 11:16:21 AM »
They're made through Teespring, a kickstarter-type site for T-shirts. They handle everything except design, so printing, delivery, website, etc. If Wink/John/Caleb were to have gone through a traditional screenprinter (which would have cost them money up front, instead of having us pay for them), they could do whatever they wanted. But, this way is more convenient, more cost effective for them, and has someone else handling the busy work.

Contact Teespring and request that they carry larger shirts.

I might just do that.

Do stores like Zazzle and Spreadshirt work the same way?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 11:40:57 AM »
IIRC from using them many moon ago, Zazzle is strictly print-on-demand, which means that when someone orders a shirt, they make that shirt, and only that shirt.  That drives up the cost per shirt significantly versus printing a larger run, such as we saw for Teespring.

One thing Zazzle (and similar outfits) does do is allow you to set the price.  Zazzle gets its cut per shirt, whatever it is, and then you basically choose how much you make on each item sold.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

pacdude

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Most every t-shirt website that allows you to upload a design works like this:

You upload a design, and they print it on whatever they have on hand. It's usually some kind of iron-on transfer. If you don't give them a high-enough quality image, it's going to look like shit on a t-shirt.

For the Marathon, we had our t-shirts and hoodies made by a professional screenprinter. They're holding up a lot better than t-shirts I've gotten from Spreadshirt, but the initial cost was a lot higher to make up for making the screen in the first place.

Teespring and Spreadshirt are functionally the same thing. Their image uploaders are also shockingly similar. Honestly, Wink and Co. could have used Spreadshirt to sell the t-shirt and could sell them for the rest of time. They have their reasons so whatevs.

nowhammies10

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »
Those of us north of the border... check your mailboxes.  Shirt arrived today in Toronto, when I spoke to the gentleman from Teespring yesterday, he said Canadian orders would arrive no later than Monday the 5th.