Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wink Martindale's selling t-shirts on the internet  (Read 5980 times)

Matt Ottinger

Wink Martindale's selling t-shirts on the internet
« on: April 04, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »
In case you haven't noticed it on your social media platform of choice, Wink and his internet team are selling t-shirts emblazoned with a familiar-looking pixilated dragon image.  A chunk of each sale benefits Wink's "Dream Factory" charity that helps fulfill the wishes of sick kids.

The site says it's a limited one-week offer, so don't delay!

http://teespring.com/winkdragonshirt
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chrisholland03

Re: Wink Martindale's selling t-shirts on the internet
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 01:50:49 PM »
I'm in, and would buy more Winkerwear, if made available.  Especially the Friday hats.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 02:16:22 PM »
The cost of the t-shirt is outside of my usual range.  But I don't own any hoodies, so that does have me thinking...
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

irwinsjournal.com

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 03:51:59 PM »
The hoodie price is competitive with other ones I've purchased (Rochester Red Wings, San Jose Sharks,...)

Gildan hoodies are generally of good quality.  (Not affiliated with them, etc.)
George in Ellison Park, NY

irwinsjournal.com

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »
This isn't the best week for me financially, but I'll definitely try to get one or the other next week. I'd love to see who gets the reference when I wear it outside! :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »
How is the fit of the shirts--runs big, runs small, or just right?  I'd like to get a shirt, but I don't want to get a 3XL shirt if it is too snug.  I'm tempted to think an American Apparel 3XL would be equivalent of a run-of-the-mill 2XL or even a XL shirt.

Don Howard

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 05:11:54 AM »
This isn't the best week for me financially, but I'll definitely try to get one or the other next week.

Good luck to you. Buy one for me, too, please. After all, Easter's coming.
My money's tied up with Indians tickets through October. Thanks.

Sodboy13

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 01:38:27 AM »
How is the fit of the shirts--runs big, runs small, or just right?  I'd like to get a shirt, but I don't want to get a 3XL shirt if it is too snug.  I'm tempted to think an American Apparel 3XL would be equivalent of a run-of-the-mill 2XL or even a XL shirt.
American Apparel tees tend to run skinny and long. I'm normally an L, but I have to get an XL from them, and then I end up with a shirt that goes down to my hips. It's weird. Or maybe I'm built weird. Either/or.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2014, 12:27:07 PM »
American Apparel tees tend to run skinny and long. I'm normally an L, but I have to get an XL from them, and then I end up with a shirt that goes down to my hips. It's weird. Or maybe I'm built weird. Either/or.
Hmmm...I may have to do 3XL then too. Thanks for the heads up!

It looks like they met their goal, so if you buy a shirt, you'll actually get one. Nine hours to go on the auction. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:40 PM »
Ugh.  It sounds like a 3XL for the length, but a width closer to XL or 2XL.

Thanks for the review.

BrandonFG

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »
In my email this afternoon...

I want to thank you for buying a dragon shirt! Thanks to you, Dream Factory will receive $905 toward their mission of fulfilling dreams for kids with critical and chronic illnesses!

Your shirt should arrive in 10-14 days. When you get it, put it on, take a picture, and post it on my Facebook! Over the next few weeks, I’ll feature some of the best and most creative pictures on the main page. www.facebook.com/winkmartindalegames

Thanks again for your generosity! - The Winker

Depending on how the shirt fits, I'll take a pic and upload mine...

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »
I got mine yesterday...going with 3X was definitely the right move. But it fits very comfortably and feels high quality, so I'd say it was well worth the money.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:03:32 PM by BrandonFG »

wxfrcaster

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
I got mine too BFG - we are probably the only two people in Hampton Roads to have them!

nowhammies10

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
No T-shirts north of the border yet, but the email did say to expect it by tomorrow.

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 03:07:41 AM »
I got mine too BFG - we are probably the only two people in Hampton Roads to have them!
<like>