Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid hour proposal  (Read 12996 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »

http://gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com/2013/06/pyramid-hour.html\'>There\'s an article I discussed about this proposal. It\'s pretty good, JP

Was that necessary?

I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

J.R.

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:32 PM »

http://gameshownetworknews.blogspot.com/2013/06/pyramid-hour.html\'>There\'s an article I discussed about this proposal. It\'s pretty good, JP

You need professional help.

-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 09:06:04 PM »

You need professional help.

For writing a blog post?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »

For writing a blog post?

You don\'t think dedicating space on his \"news\" blog to a casual game show proposal with an unflattering picture of the OP a little... off?

-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »
There\'s a difference between being a self-serving douchecopter and needing actual professional help. As someone who has been counseled professionally, I find the comparison offensive.

Get new material, Joe.
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 09:16:52 PM »

You don\'t think dedicating space on his \"news\" blog to a casual game show proposal with an unflattering picture of the OP a little... off?

I\'ve been one of his harshest critics but when many of your contributions to the on-topic sections in recent months are just snarky or rude remarks towards people you\'ve jabbed at multiple times previously without provocation, he may not be the only one who should step back and observe the past.

J.R.

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »

Fair enough. I appreciate the honesty and will try to improve my attitude in the future.

-Joe Raygor

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2013, 09:25:46 PM »
Don\'t try. Do.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »

I think if he\'s writing *there*, it means he\'s not writing *here*. So let\'s encourage him to write *there*.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2013, 09:57:07 PM »

The only thing odd about that article, that stood out to me anyway, was his need to post Jay\'s avatar with the caption \"Jay Temple. apparently.\" As if that\'s actually an accurate representation of Jay. Although, I\'ve never met Jay, so who knows. For all I know Chris could indeed look like a shark with a blood thirst for hockey players.

Other than that, a fine article (I mean we do analyze things here), just from a source some may not happen to like a lot.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:57:37 PM by jjman920 »
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

clemon79

Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

For all I know Chris could indeed look like a shark with a blood thirst for hockey players.

S\'what I\'ve been told, anyhow.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 10:06:26 PM »
IIRC that\'s Jay\'s avatar. Which is why the joke is stupid.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »

Other than that, a fine article (I mean we do analyze things here), just from a source some may not happen to like a lot.

What was even \"fine\" about it? The writing is terrible, he can\'t even count to two, it doesn\'t really have a point at all.
Travis L. Eberle

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »

It doesn\'t have a point, but it is just there. Yes, the \"One Question\" bit is rather pointless (especially the bolding), but other than that it doesn\'t offend me. I suppose that\'s what I mean by \"fine\".

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Pyramid hour proposal
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 10:56:37 PM »
Since I actually have college writing credits (and they\'re all 100s or 110s, so not so high-falutin\' as all that) being un-offensive isn\'t enough to get you to a D minus; you actually have to have a point and make it persuasively, never mind the kind of clunky writing errors that would find a high school composition book swimming in red ink. And that says nothing of using Jay\'s avatar (isn\'t that from one of the stop-motion Christmas specials?) instead of not doing that.
Travis L. Eberle