Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune - How Many Episodes Per Season?  (Read 20950 times)

snowpeck

Wheel of Fortune - How Many Episodes Per Season?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
Channel 12 in Flint actually preemed WOF in August of 1983 with Burbank episodes.
From what I understand, Wheel was bicycled in its first season.  Given that, it likely premiered on different dates all across the country.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 11:14:32 PM »
WEWS-TV in Cleveland (the first TV station in Ohio) officially preemed the WOF on September 5, 1983. This followed a week of special presentation shows which beamed from August 29-September 2, 1983, running exclusively on four Ohio TV stations.and were recorded earlier that summer at the Ohio State Fair.

Interesting. Your recollection is ilterally the only place on the Internet that I\'ve seen any mention of this. This seems like it would\'ve been a pretty big thing that someone, somewhere would\'ve made note of at some point, but it seems to have completely slipped through the cracks.

Bobby Peacock

jukeboxhero

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 05:05:44 PM »

Speaking of these episodes taped at the Ohio State Fair, has anyone ever seen these since their original broadcast?

I first heard about them at the 1997 tapings of Wheel at the same fair. During a break in filming, Pat mentioned to the audience that they had taped their first nighttime episodes there, and they didn’t go over so well. I remember him saying that they had a bunch of contestants that had no idea how to play the game.

WEWS-TV in Cleveland (the first TV station in Ohio) officially preemed the WOF on September 5, 1983. This followed a week of special presentation shows which beamed from August 29-September 2, 1983, running exclusively on four Ohio TV stations.and were recorded earlier that summer at the Ohio State Fair.