Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A small observational question...  (Read 3840 times)

Flerbert419

A small observational question...
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
{Hell, Barker not only made it work, he was tethered to a wired mic for how many years?)
He not only made it work, but Bob was a master at using the cord to direct the contestant to exactly where he wanted them and mostly keep them there, kind of like an invisible barrier.

When offered to upgrade to a cordless mike, Bob turned it down.

He was so good at it that unless you were paying attention, you don't really notice it.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there was a mic up there in the past anyway.
Yes, there is a microphone embedded in the top of the gameboard to pick up contestant reaction and the "plinking" sound.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 02:03:10 AM »
{Hell, Barker not only made it work, he was tethered to a wired mic for how many years?)
He not only made it work, but Bob was a master at using the cord to direct the contestant to exactly where he wanted them and mostly keep them there, kind of like an invisible barrier.

When offered to upgrade to a cordless mike, Bob turned it down.

But that wasn't the reason, was it? I seem to remember reading somewhere that Barker said the reason why he kept the stick mic and its later replacement because of the feedback trouble it would create for the homeless dogs they'd bring onto the set.

OT: I just realized that his user name is FLerbert, not FIerbert. Wow, bad me.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dale_grass

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
OT: I just realized that his user name is FLerbert, not FIerbert. Wow, bad me.

I had the same problem with [font="Palatino Linotype"]DoItRockapella[/font], reading it as [font="Palatino Linotype"]DoltRockapella[/font].