Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Susan Stafford appearance  (Read 8501 times)

chad1m

Susan Stafford appearance
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »
Yeahhh.... there's no subtitle on the mobile  version of this site. All detracting parties are free to send Mr. Nelson or Odor a fruit basket.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:59:07 PM by chad1m »

pacdude

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »
Yeahhh.... there's no subtitle on the mobile  version of this site. All detracting parties are free to send Mr. Nelson or Odor a fruit basket.
But there's a fantastic little "Full Version" link at the bottom of the goddamn page.

chad1m

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 12:47:31 AM »
But there's a fantastic little "Full Version" link at the bottom of the goddamn page.
Clearly. But I'm not going to expect someone to use the full version on their phone when the mobile version is the one your phone directs to and is more convenient.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 12:48:11 AM by chad1m »

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 02:35:20 AM »
Clearly. But I'm not going to expect someone to use the full version on their phone when the mobile version is the one your phone directs to and is more convenient.

Well, when someone doesn't use it and asks a question that can be answered if they could be bothered to push that one button, how can you have sympathy for it? I mean, it isn't THAT hard.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

GrandGame1440

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 02:51:59 AM »
My apologies for not adding the show in the body of the message, I didn't know it would appear that way on mobile devices.  Next time, I'll keep it mobile friendly. Carry on.

Unrealtor

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »

Well, when someone doesn't use it and asks a question that can be answered if they could be bothered to push that one button, how can you have sympathy for it? I mean, it isn't THAT hard.

And how are we supposed to know that the detail we want is in the subtitle if we can't friggin' see it?
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

pacdude

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 11:51:51 AM »

Rule 1 of mobile web usage: if you think you're missing something, look for the "full version" link. No excuses for "convenience."

geno57

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
If you've seen Dan's headstone at Find A Grave, you see how some of Dan's more orthodox associates were not happy with it.

Wow, that's quite an engraving, all right!

PYLdude

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 02:19:38 PM »

And how are we supposed to know that the detail we want is in the subtitle if we can't friggin' see it?

That's not my problem, honestly.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

chad1m

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 02:36:59 PM »
But yet you found it your problem to chastize him for the miscommunication that we're trying to explain in the first place?
Rule 1 of  mobile web usage: if you think you're missing something, look for the  "full version" link. No excuses for "convenience."
I figured rule one of forum posting would probably be to include all pertinent information in the body of the post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:38:12 PM by chad1m »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
[quote name='PYLdude']That's not my problem, honestly.[/quote]Boy, that two years on moderated status did wonders, didn't it?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
But yet you found it your problem to chastize him for the miscommunication that we're trying to explain in the first place?

The point- which you're missing- is that there is a simple solution to the problem that if one looked for it, one could find it VERY easily. Is the mobile site good? Yes, but there are limits to it, one of them being the inability to view certain things such as a full title. In that case, there is a way around that particular limit, which enables the user to view the full screen version of the site.

I mean, why am I the bad guy for telling someone the answer is right in front of his face if he can be bothered to look for it? How is that different from anyone who can't be bothered to Google information and instead poll the forum, or someone who asks an obvious question that they could simply find with the search function? I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Boy, that two years on moderated status did wonders, didn't it?

I wouldn't talk, Mark. I'm shocked YOU haven't been put on modded status at any point- my attitude may not always be pleasant but yours isn't exactly sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows either.

chad1m

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
The point- which you're missing- is that there is a simple solution to the problem that if one looked for it,
I get the point. But I think my point supersedes that point, being "just put the information in the proper location and no one has to look for anything in the first place."
my attitude  may not always be pleasant but yours isn't exactly sunshine, lollipops,  and rainbows either.
Yes, but I don't think Mark has ever publicly declared to be trying to turn things around and then contacted someone who has criticized his "changed ways" in public when they appear to be patterning the same things we've seen before.
ETA: There's a thread about this in Behind the Scenes now, so I guess furthered discussion of this issue can be taken up there instead of polluting here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:50:31 PM by chad1m »

PYLdude

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »
The point- which you're missing- is that there is a simple solution to the problem that if one looked for it,
I get the point. But I think my point supersedes that point, being "just put the information in the proper location and no one has to look for anything in the first place."

I don't agree, although your point is valid. The information in this case, IMO, was easy enough to find. But to each his own.

my attitude  may not always be pleasant but yours isn't exactly sunshine, lollipops,  and rainbows either.
Yes, but I don't think Mark has ever publicly declared to be trying to turn things around and then contacted someone who has criticized his "changed ways" in public when they appear to be patterning the same things we've seen before.

Well, when I have people like you and Mark constantly watching my posts waiting for the slightest thing that might set you off and point and say "look look look same old crap", it kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

I mean, I don't understand a couple of things. The point should have simply ended with "full version". And it DEFINITELY should have ended when the dude of pac set everyone who wasn't straight straight. (That doesn't sound right, I know.) And I also don't understand why this was made into such a big deal- was it just because I said it?

Maybe we all (especially me) just need to breathe a bit. (I seriously didn't think my comments were going to cause THAT much of a stir, especially considering how easy things could have been found- and I'll keep hammering that point home, sorry.)

ETA: Okay, I didn't see that thread. But these are going to be my last comments on the issue so I'm sticking them here. Because the last thing I want to do is continue this any further than it's already gone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:08:57 PM by PYLdude »