Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Susan Stafford appearance  (Read 8564 times)

GrandGame1440

Susan Stafford appearance
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
Right now (12/14 at 9PM eastern) on the episode regarding the death of Rock Hudson.  I didn't even know they knew one another much less were that close.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »
Episode of......what? Not that it matters now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:51:00 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:52:15 PM »

Full version is your friend.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

byrd62

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »

Repeats Sat Dec 17 at 8 am Eastern; and Wed Dec 28 at 7 pm Eastern.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=141.15118.130829.39025.x [listing]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:47:26 AM by byrd62 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »

Just saying, but its not always possible to access a 'full version'.  I was out of town during the week and only had access via my phone.  I was curious to see what show it was too.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:24:12 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »

Just saying, but its not possible to access a 'full version'.  I was out of town during the week and only had access via my phone.  I was curious to see what show it was too.
Upgrade your phone.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »
The LG Genesis is less than year old and features a rather large screen.  Please let me know if you know of a special version of the Android browser that displays the subtitles (My guess is you don't).
--Mark

J.R.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 08:54:28 PM »
Upgrade your phone.
Going to help him pay for it? ;-)
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 08:59:48 PM »
Upgrade your phone.
I don't think that has anything to do with it. I have a Samsung Stratosphere and it doesn't show subtitles on mine either. I don't remember if they showed up on my old Blackberry.

/ObGameShow: A trip to the Stratosphere hotel was the consolation prize on Card Sharks 01.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 09:06:17 PM »
The LG Genesis is less than year old and features a rather large screen.  Please let me know if you know of a special version of the Android browser that displays the subtitles (My guess is you don't).
I don't. Just wanted to see if you snarky responders can take it as well as you dish it out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 09:07:32 PM by Jimmy Owen »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »
Upgrade your phone.
Going to help him pay for it? ;-)
Of course not.  Maybe use a real browser, then?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 10:17:41 PM »
My God, Jimmy. If you're gonna snark, at least know what in the holy hell you're talking about.

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 10:22:29 PM »
I don't. Just wanted to see if you snarky responders can take it as well as you dish it out.
Coming to Jimmy Owen's closet this Christmas...
--Mark

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 10:26:11 PM »
Back to the topic, IIRC, during a phone conversation with Susan (this was the time she was involved in Dan Enright's life, so our paths momentarily crossed), she mentioned both she and Pat Boone made frequent visits to Rock in his final days for company and encouragement. Have to admit it was an awkward time, as Dan was head over heels for Susan, but still married. She later went on to say in an interview that the relationship did cost her a few things professionally and personally. If you've seen Dan's headstone at Find A Grave, you see how some of Dan's more orthodox associates were not happy with it. However, I still have a copy somewhere of the memorial packet she put together for Dan's funeral, and it definitely shows a deep affection for him. Her marriages to Gordon McLendon and Dick Ebersol and her Wheel of Fortune work put her in several celebrity circles, and she made many friends with stars and their wives.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
Coming to Jimmy Owen's closet this Christmas...

You know what? I'm calling BS on this whole thing. The mobile site should be the same across all platforms.

...shouldn't it?

(I'm sorry- today has got me in one of those moods...)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 11:27:15 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022