Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rosie on CBS at 11?  (Read 8691 times)

Jimmy Owen

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
I just wish his wife had not passed away.  That seemed to be a turning point.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 06:34:57 PM »
(Massive overquoting deleted. -DZ)

[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'154107\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 03:17 PM\']
So what's it like being Bob's agent anyway?
[/quote]

Eh, could be better. Not enough perks. And could the cheapskate stand to pay me a decent wage?
Damn that Barker! Another example of his swollen ego. Damn that bastard to hell!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 06:49:26 PM by dzinkin »

tpirfan28

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2007, 06:56:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'154109\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 06:34 PM\']
Eh, could be better. Not enough perks. And could the cheapskate stand to pay me a decent wage?
Damn that Barker! Another example of his swollen ego. Damn that bastard to hell!!!!!!!
[/quote]
Wow.

(sends royalty check to Lemon)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Steve Gavazzi

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2007, 06:59:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'154109\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 06:34 PM\']

[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'154107\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 03:17 PM\']
So what's it like being Bob's agent anyway?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude, you're making yourself look like an idiot.  Even those of us who like Barker as a host know that the man isn't exactly a saint.

Why do you think they stopped showing Rod Roddy calling contestants?  It wasn't because of his cancer.

tvwxman

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2007, 07:10:59 PM »
I love it when combative-posters-with-a-total-of-6-posts-to-their-name stir the pot.

So, who are you, and why do you think we owe you the time of day? Cause you're not making friends early in your tenure here, that's why.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'154114\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 03:59 PM\']
Dude, you're making yourself look like an idiot.
[/quote]
Present tense?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2007, 08:12:28 PM »
This action does not surprise me.

/keyword stars with "fan" and ends in "boy"
//correct present tense would be, "Dude, you're an idiot".
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

fishbulb

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2007, 08:13:54 PM »
Just to clarify, I don't hate Bob Barker.  He was never my favorite host, though, even back in ToC days.
I'll give him this - he injected an energy into the show that the new format would need.  The Dennis James version paled in comparison, I think.

Robert Hutchinson

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2007, 09:07:41 PM »
Also: is Bob giving away a car a week due to his errors? No. But based on my sampling of the past few years, I think that he is making errors that come close to the realm of screwing up the gameplay just about every week. Losing his train of thought on rules explanations, forgetting more and more to let contestants know just what risks they're taking, and so on.

Putting aside all personal issues (and just because I choose to for the moment, not because personal issues are not fair game in this discussion), I think he has been a damn good host in the past. And if you look at the times he's not flubbing, I think he's still pretty damn good. But those flubs are simply bad, and shouldn't be ignored in the context of running a professional TV show broadcast to millions.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

dzinkin

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »
[quote name=\'fishbulb\' post=\'154124\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 08:13 PM\']
Just to clarify, I don't hate Bob Barker.
[/quote]
And why would you?  You don't know him personally and he's done nothing to you.

I'm thinking that Mr. Run is...

1. Someone who, not unlike certain members of the GSN board, can't conceive of the possibility that others might disagree with him -- in this case, that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television;

2. Someone who is a personal friend of Bob, works for Bob, and/or has some personal stake in promoting the idea that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television;

3. Someone who knows that many of us dislike various aspects of Bob's personality or performance and, Casey Abell-style, is publicly taking the position that Bob is G-d's gift to television precisely because it's a contrarian position.

In any event, whatever his true intentions are, I don't think he's succeeding.

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »

[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'154114\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 03:59 PM\']
Why do you think they stopped showing Rod Roddy calling contestants?  It wasn't because of his cancer.
[/quote]
I don't know. Why did they stop showing RR calling contestants? And when did it take effect?

Nobody is exactly a saint. But I don't believe Barker is a total high-n-mighty SOB, either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 08:51:37 PM by dzinkin »

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'154118\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 04:10 PM\']
I love it when combative-posters-with-a-total-of-6-posts-to-their-name stir the pot.

So, who are you, and why do you think we owe you the time of day? Cause you're not making friends early in your tenure here, that's why.
[/quote]

I'm not looking to make friends. I'm not looking to make enemies, either. This isn't a popularity contest. Whether I'm liked or hated is of no concern to me. I'm just a game show fan participating in a discussion forum. No more, no less.

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 07:54:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'154123\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 05:12 PM\']
This action does not surprise me.

/keyword stars with "fan" and ends in "boy"
//correct present tense would be, "Dude, you're an idiot".
[/quote]

Ooooooooo my very own stalker! I was wondering if someone would dig up that little gem!

Oh the horror! Boo-Hoo! Woe is me. You called me an idiot! Damn, now i'm going to cry like a little girl.
<snort> : rolls eyes

As if it isn't clear by now, I am a thick skinned person who can express sarcasm when necessary.

Waiter_On_The_Run

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 08:11:10 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'154127\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 06:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'fishbulb\' post=\'154124\' date=\'Jun 2 2007, 08:13 PM\']
Just to clarify, I don't hate Bob Barker.
[/quote]
And why would you?  You don't know him personally and he's done nothing to you.

I'm thinking that Mr. Run is...

1. Someone who, not unlike certain members of the GSN board, can't conceive of the possibility that others might disagree with him -- in this case, that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television;

2. Someone who is a personal friend of Bob, works for Bob, and/or has some personal stake in promoting the idea that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television;

3. Someone who knows that many of us dislike various aspects of Bob's personality or performance and, Casey Abell-style, is publicly taking the position that Bob is G-d's gift to television precisely because it's a contrarian position.

In any event, whatever his true intentions are, I don't think he's succeeding.
[/quote]

My intentions are to express my opinions and to participate in a discussion. To that end, I have succeeded. If the powers that be think I'm too hot to handle, please let me know, so that I can act accordingly. I sincerely enjoy "The Game Show Forum", and will continue to until it's demise.

BTW, the answers to 1, 2, and 3 are all "no".

dzinkin

Rosie on CBS at 11?
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 09:02:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Waiter_On_The_Run\' post=\'154183\' date=\'Jun 3 2007, 08:11 PM\']
My intentions are to express my opinions and to participate in a discussion. To that end, I have succeeded. [/quote]
Well, you're halfway there -- you have indeed expressed your opinion that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television, if not humanity.  But making fun of others for not agreeing with you does not constitute "participating in a discussion," no matter how much you might wish otherwise.

Some other lessons in basic English...

1. You're not "too hot to handle," you're merely completely incapable of (1) conceiving of the possibility that anyone might disagree with you and (2) expressing your opinion without denigrating anyone and everyone in your path.

2. Calling you on your own words is not "stalking."

3. Insulting others for not sharing your opinion that Bob Barker is G-d's gift to television is not "sarcasm."

Further posts from you will be approved when you decide that you actually want to participate.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:10:48 PM by dzinkin »