The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Total Television sets maximum $ale Jackpot

<< < (2/2)

Card Shark:
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 06:45 PM\'] Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG. [/quote]
 I believe that in regards to the Card Sharks info in this book, it also says that the \"big difference\" between the 1978-81 run and the 1986 revival was the \"introduction\" of the survey questions on the '86 version. No, certainly not the most reliable information. But, I sure loved the 1982 syndie version.

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---A dartboard, would be my guess. As Zach said, TTV isn't exactly renouned for it's accuracy in the game show field.
--- End quote ---

Nope...also, the $otC entry makes no mention of Summer Bartholomew, never mind that she was the hostess who was w/the show for most of its run.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

ChrisLambert!:
Problem with most of the game show entries is that he never bothered to update many of them after the 1984 1st Edition of the book.

Note how he points out CNR was a regular on MG '90 but makes no mention of any regulars on '7X.

-Chris Lambert!
gameshowpage.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version