The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Total Television sets maximum $ale Jackpot

(1/2) > >>

TheInquisitiveOne:
Hello everybody!

First off, let me give thanks to both Matt \"The Swinger\" Ottinger and Cool Chris C. for giving me the first class ticket to our new home! I am grateful! In my inaugural post, I have a question to ask of you, the group.

Are any of you familiar with the book Total Television? I have read the book and read some information on $ale of the Century and read that the maximum potential winnings on that show was (an astounding) $310,000.

Does anyone have an idea how TTV even devised a ballpark figure like this?

This post is now open to all theories.

The Inquisitive One

hines2000:
I wonder if that maximum total takes into account the growing Jackpot?

zachhoran:
Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG.

gsgalaxy82:

--- Quote --- Total Television by ALex McNeil is not the most reliable game show book. I don't know how they got that figure of $310K myself. The same book says there was a syndicated version of Card SHarks in 1982 and a syndie Match Game in 1985, when at the time some stations were running reruns of Perry CS and SYndie daily MG.
--- End quote ---

And not only that, I believe they also said Bill Cullen hosted PDQ after Dennis James.

David

clemon79:
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 03:55 PM\'] Does anyone have an idea how TTV even devised a ballpark figure like this?
 [/quote]
 A dartboard, would be my guess. As Zach said, TTV isn't exactly renouned for it's accuracy in the game show field.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version