The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

J! 20th Season..."groundbreaking changes?"

(1/2) > >>

curtking:
I just received, as I'm sure many of you did, an e-mail from \"The Jeopardy Team\" regarding the new season, which starts tomorrow.

Here's a quote from the first paragraph:

--- Quote ---This fall, the blockbuster series and winner of a total of 24 Daytime Emmy Awards will introduce groundbreaking changes to its rules, tape shows on location at one of America's most prestigious college campuses, and launch a wide variety of on-air surprises throughout the year.
--- End quote ---

I know about the \"unlimited number of days\" change, but are there others?  \"Changes\" suggests more than one.

Curt

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Sep 7 2003, 07:09 PM\'] I just received, as I'm sure many of you did, an e-mail from "The Jeopardy Team" regarding the new season, which starts tomorrow.

Here's a quote from the first paragraph:

--- Quote ---This fall, the blockbuster series and winner of a total of 24 Daytime Emmy Awards will introduce groundbreaking changes to its rules, tape shows on location at one of America's most prestigious college campuses, and launch a wide variety of on-air surprises throughout the year.
--- End quote ---

I know about the "unlimited number of days" change, but are there others?  "Changes" suggests more than one.

Curt [/quote]
 They're doing the college tourney from Yale, and it tapes next month. No word on other changes besides the lack of a five day limit for champs.

Matt Ottinger:
The change to unlimited appearances certainly does qualify as groundbreaking for the show, but if other major changes are planned (and I've seen other suggestions that there are), they've kept it a pretty good secret.   Sony's Jeopardy board has some pretty rabid fans on it, and they've not said anything about any additional changes.  I doubt we'll get much out of tomorrow's debut, since fans that attended those early tapings would have spilled the beans by now.

chris319:
They really need to goose up the ratings of Jeopardy!

MarkBarrett:
Yeah Matt there are some rabid fans of J! on the Sony board.  We are foaming at the mouth waiting for the new season.  We can't wait to chew up some fresh clues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version