Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! 20th Season..."groundbreaking changes?"  (Read 2556 times)

curtking

J! 20th Season..."groundbreaking changes?"
« on: September 07, 2003, 08:09:06 PM »
I just received, as I'm sure many of you did, an e-mail from \"The Jeopardy Team\" regarding the new season, which starts tomorrow.

Here's a quote from the first paragraph:

This fall, the blockbuster series and winner of a total of 24 Daytime Emmy Awards will introduce groundbreaking changes to its rules, tape shows on location at one of America's most prestigious college campuses, and launch a wide variety of on-air surprises throughout the year.

I know about the \"unlimited number of days\" change, but are there others?  \"Changes\" suggests more than one.

Curt

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »
[quote name=\'curtking\' date=\'Sep 7 2003, 07:09 PM\'] I just received, as I'm sure many of you did, an e-mail from "The Jeopardy Team" regarding the new season, which starts tomorrow.

Here's a quote from the first paragraph:

This fall, the blockbuster series and winner of a total of 24 Daytime Emmy Awards will introduce groundbreaking changes to its rules, tape shows on location at one of America's most prestigious college campuses, and launch a wide variety of on-air surprises throughout the year.

I know about the "unlimited number of days" change, but are there others?  "Changes" suggests more than one.

Curt [/quote]
 They're doing the college tourney from Yale, and it tapes next month. No word on other changes besides the lack of a five day limit for champs.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2003, 10:35:42 PM »
The change to unlimited appearances certainly does qualify as groundbreaking for the show, but if other major changes are planned (and I've seen other suggestions that there are), they've kept it a pretty good secret.   Sony's Jeopardy board has some pretty rabid fans on it, and they've not said anything about any additional changes.  I doubt we'll get much out of tomorrow's debut, since fans that attended those early tapings would have spilled the beans by now.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 05:44:52 AM »
They really need to goose up the ratings of Jeopardy!

MarkBarrett

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2003, 10:43:11 AM »
Yeah Matt there are some rabid fans of J! on the Sony board.  We are foaming at the mouth waiting for the new season.  We can't wait to chew up some fresh clues.

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2003, 10:46:25 AM »
[quote name=\'MarkBarrett\' date=\'Sep 8 2003, 09:43 AM\'] Yeah Matt there are some rabid fans of J! on the Sony board.  We are foaming at the mouth waiting for the new season.  We can't wait to chew up some fresh clues. [/quote]
 I have an idea of what a proposed change might be: Maybe one of the Clue Crew will stand in for an ailing or vacationing Alex this season :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2003, 11:39:11 AM »
[quote name=\'MarkBarrett\' date=\'Sep 8 2003, 07:43 AM\'] Yeah Matt there are some rabid fans of J! on the Sony board.  We are foaming at the mouth waiting for the new season.  We can't wait to chew up some fresh clues. [/quote]
 Ya know, I should get off my duff and get Version 1.5 of the Challenger out, and post on the Jeopardy forums about it, might drum up a few downloads....
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2003, 01:05:02 PM »
[quote name=\'MarkBarrett\' date=\'Sep 8 2003, 10:43 AM\'] Yeah Matt there are some rabid fans of J! on the Sony board.  We are foaming at the mouth waiting for the new season.  We can't wait to chew up some fresh clues. [/quote]
 Hey, I'm just foaming at the mouth to see your updates on the days I'm taping QuizBusters!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.