The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Coming soon on DVD...

(1/6) > >>

MikeK:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

From what I read elsewhere, this set will have episodes from the first 3 seasons, shows that weren't part of the syndication package.

ChuckNet:

--- Quote ---From what I read elsewhere, this set will have episodes from the first 3 seasons, shows that weren't part of the syndication package.
--- End quote ---

Wonder if it'll include the Story family's appearance so we can finally get the true status of Groucho's \"cigar\" remark...

Chuck Donegan (The Illusrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

uncamark:
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Sep 1 2003, 09:07 PM\']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

From what I read elsewhere, this set will have episodes from the first 3 seasons, shows that weren't part of the syndication package.[/quote]
Hence \"The Lost Episodes\" title.

Paul Brownstein, who handles the program sales now for the Marx and Guedel estates for \"YBYL\" (the original \"Best of Groucho\" package, the \"lost episodes\" package represented here and the sort-of spinoff \"Tell It to Groucho\"), had tried to pitch the \"lost episodes\" package to some cable networks, but seemingly got no interest.   But since vintage TV is doing very well on DVD, we're getting this set.  If this does well, perhaps Sony Music might want to do a \"Best of 'The Best of Groucho'\" package.

Jimmy Owen:
Interesting that Sony Music is handling the distribution of YBYL DVDs.  Somebody at Sony Music should talk to somebody at Sony Television to see if there might be any other game shows in the TV div. vaults that might warrant DVD release.

zachhoran:
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 2 2003, 05:46 PM\'] Interesting that Sony Music is handling the distribution of YBYL DVDs.  Somebody at Sony Music should talk to somebody at Sony Television to see if there might be any other game shows in the TV div. vaults that might warrant DVD release. [/quote]
 The Newlywed Game would probably the most popular of the SOny owned shows to put on DVD, and maybe the Gong Show(would have been an idea to tie in with the release of the COnfessions film earlier this year)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version