Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Some more odd PYL scenarios......  (Read 2427 times)

Steve_Bier

Some more odd PYL scenarios......
« on: August 24, 2003, 11:52:53 AM »
Proving that I have too much time on my hands....

1: What would happen on PYL, if all three contestants were stupid enough to whammy out during round one? Or...if just one whammied out? Would that player be removed from the stage after whammying out, or would they just sit there and read a book or something, while Peter asked the other two remaining contestants questions?

2: What would happen if someone hit \"Pick-A-Corner\", and selected a whammy?

I need more sleep :)

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 12:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 11:52 AM\']
2: What would happen if someone hit "Pick-A-Corner", and selected a whammy?
 [/quote]
 They'd lose all their money.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 01:30:17 PM »
What would happen on PYL, if all three contestants were stupid enough to whammy out during round one? Or...if just one whammied out? Would that player be removed from the stage after whammying out,

That never happened, but it came close once.  On one show (which I think might have been from sometime in 1985) a contestant had three whammies in round one, and was passed 3 spins before the round was over.  I was hoping he'd get a whammy because I wanted to see what would happen...but unfortunatly he did not.  

If that episode was from 1985 we might see it coming up soon on GSN.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

ITSBRY

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 02:13:33 PM »
What would happen on PYL, if all three contestants were stupid enough to whammy out during round one? Or...if just one whammied out? Would that player be removed from the stage after whammying out,

I'd guess they would replay the round and put in a \"program edited\" disclaimer.

ITSBRY
itsbry@juno.com

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 03:40:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 12:30 PM\']

That never happened, but it came close once.  On one show (which I think might have been from sometime in 1985) a contestant had three whammies in round one, and was passed 3 spins before the round was over.  I was hoping he'd get a whammy because I wanted to see what would happen...but unfortunatly he did not.  

If that episode was from 1985 we might see it coming up soon on GSN. [/quote]
 a couple weeks ago, the vertivision block aired a guy getting three whammies in round 1 and still winning the game.

tyshaun1

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 04:21:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 24 2003, 12:30 PM\']

If that episode was from 1985 we might see it coming up soon on GSN. [/quote]
 Actually, that episode in question is due to air this Wednesday at 10:30, I do believe. The contestant's name is Norma. Also, T. Jay Dexter, a former usenet regular, will have his poem read at 10 AM, complete with the second on-camera shot of Rod Roddy.

Tyshaun