Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: get some other good game shows  (Read 9507 times)

dascoot

get some other good game shows
« on: December 09, 2005, 01:07:56 AM »
I think GSN needs to get some other games too.  I think first off they should try to buy the right from NBC of the show Classic Concentration.  I also think they should get the Reg-Grundy productions like Sale Of The Century and Scrabble.  Bring back also Tic Tac Dough, Joker's Wild, Bullseye, Bumper Stumpers and Play The Percentages.  I will give good note though I am happy that you got the Password Plus and Super Password back and all three of the great classic card sharks back which by the way they need to revive Card Sharks like that except maybe you can take your polls from people online.  Keep Press Your Luck definity and add it more during  the week  and also go and get Wipeout I seen it only one time but it was neat.  I also think you need to put Chain Reaction with Bill Cullen in the spot between match game and family feud in the morning at 8:30 a.m. central standard time.  I want to see all the chain reactions back on again.  High Rollers was good I never seen the Trebek version but Wink martindales version was tight.  there is a channel already called Reality TV so run Amazing Race  on it.  Take off the millionare with Regis and Weakest Link with Ann because those have been ran into the ground.  let me pitch an idea or two gameshows to your network and see what happens its gotta be better than most of whats on now.  I do applaud on some shows that you run but don't run Millionare with REgis or run it at 5 pm and 7 pm central time.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 07:09:16 AM »
Wow.

If you would have read some news, you would know that PYL is coming back to weekday.

Anyhow, why would any of your ideas make GSN more viable?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

cacLA8383

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 08:09:15 AM »
[quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:07 AM\']I think GSN needs to get some other games too.  blah blah blah blah
[snapback]104253[/snapback]
[/quote]

*stumbles over after reading this crap*

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »
[quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:07 AM\']let me pitch an idea or two gameshows to your network and see what happens its gotta be better than most of whats on now
[/quote]
OK, I'll bite. What ideas do you have in mind for this pitching?

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 01:34:52 PM »
I really hate to sound elitist, but we have GOT to come up with an entry test to this board.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 01:40:21 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:34 PM\']I really hate to sound elitist, but we have GOT to come up with an entry test to this board.
[snapback]104284[/snapback]
[/quote]

With the absolute FIRST QUESTION being "Do you know how to cut and paste?"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:44:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 10:33 AM\']OK, I'll bite. What ideas do you have in mind for this pitching?
[snapback]104283[/snapback]
[/quote]
God, no. Please. In the name of all that is good and holy, no.

Mr. Dascoot, sir: You are aware that these are not the GSN forums, we are not affiliated with GSN in any way, and that you are not speaking to GSN directly, yes?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 02:01:23 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 03:11:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 12:33 PM\'][quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:07 AM\']let me pitch an idea or two gameshows to your network and see what happens its gotta be better than most of whats on now
[/quote]
OK, I'll bite. What ideas do you have in mind for this pitching?
[snapback]104283[/snapback]
[/quote]

FOLLOWING NOT A REAL LETTER:

Dear Mr. Dascoot:

For legal reasons we cannot accept unsolicited programming submissions.  We suggest that you find an agent in Los Angeles who can represent you and your concepts.

Thank you for your interest in GSN The Network for Games.

Sincerely,

Ian Valentine
Vice President, Programming

Johnissoevil

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 04:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:07 AM\'] Keep Press Your Luck definity and add it more during  the week
[/quote]

See Newlywed Game back in 2000.  Once a day is enough.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Gamer

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 07:30:00 PM »
[quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:07 AM\']I think GSN needs to get some other games too.  I think first off they should try to buy the right from NBC of the show Classic Concentration.  I also think they should get the Reg-Grundy productions like Sale Of The Century and Scrabble. 
[/quote]

I second that.  I'd love to see more Classic Concentration ep's.  That was a good show.  Scrabble with Chuck Woolery was also good.  USA used to show it in the '90s.  USA used to show a lot of good game shows back in the day.

FOXSportsFan

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 07:30:48 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:40 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:34 PM\']I really hate to sound elitist, but we have GOT to come up with an entry test to this board.
[snapback]104284[/snapback]
[/quote]

With the absolute FIRST QUESTION being "Do you know how to cut and paste?"
[snapback]104286[/snapback]
[/quote]

The unofficial GSF Qualification Quizzer
1) Do you have a bowling buddy?
2) Do you know that Chuck Woolery left "Wheel of Fortune"?
3) Have you ever gotten laid?
4) They say it never rains in Southern California...is that true?
5) Lemon: Bite in and pucker up or He'll take a bite out of you?

Johnissoevil

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2005, 07:47:03 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 07:30 PM\']The unofficial GSF Qualification Quizzer
1) Do you have a bowling buddy?
2) Do you know that Chuck Woolery left "Wheel of Fortune"?
3) Have you ever gotten laid?
4) They say it never rains in Southern California...is that true?
5) Lemon: Bite in and pucker up or He'll take a bite out of you?
[snapback]104322[/snapback]
[/quote]

1) No
2) That's BS
3) Mind your business
4) No
5) I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole.

:-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Mr. Matté

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 06:19:20 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 01:34 PM\']I really hate to sound elitist, but we have GOT to come up with an entry test to this board.[/quote]
I thought it's been said that there has been a test to get in.  All you have to do is flunk it and that's how you get in! :)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 07:59:37 AM »
GAME SHOW FORUM APTITUDE TEST

SECTION A: MULTIPLE CHOICE

1)The Price is Right is to Bob Barker, as Press Your Luck is to.....

A)Peter Tomarken
B)Why can't we see the 1986 episodes?
C)Peter Tomarken is the best!  He's my favorite host ever!
D)GSN needs to stop the credit crunches on PYL, and PYL only.

2)The correct way to post an article to Game Show Forum is:

A)Cite your source
B)Fail to cite your source, and then lie about it
C)Claim that the link was too long to type
D)Copy and Paste, then edit the article by changing two words.

SECTION B: TRUE OR FALSE

1)Because I post such useful information, I will never be banned.

A)True
B)False
C)I'm Zach Horan!  I'll never be banned!

2)Ken Jennings told me they lost track of how many episodes he won on.  Since Ken told me himself, he's right!

A)True
B)False
C)I didn't realize Ken had a sense of humor, but I am still right.

SECTION C: SHORT ANSWER

1)When it comes to Ebay items, we should always listen to <BLANK> before making a purchase.
2)H² should never have been cancelled!  I WILL run the game show world!. My dreams are <BLANK>
3)I think a <BLANK> Punchboard win is nice. Otherwise I am unhappy.
4)The Price is Right is <Blank>, because I don't mind rotating models.

SECTION D: ESSAY
In one hundred (100) words or less please explain why you should be admitted to game show forum using compleete sentences and propher grahamer.

No cheating, no looking at each others papers.  5 points extra credit if you know who hosted Down You Go.  You have 30 minutes. Time starts...now.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 08:08:42 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
[quote name=\'dascoot\' date=\'Dec 9 2005, 02:07 AM\']I think GSN needs to get some other games too.  I think first off they should try to buy the right from NBC of the show Classic Concentration.  I also think they should get the Reg-Grundy productions like Sale Of The Century and Scrabble.  Bring back also Tic Tac Dough, Joker's Wild, Bullseye, Bumper Stumpers and Play The Percentages.  I will give good note though I am happy that you got the Password Plus and Super Password back and all three of the great classic card sharks back which by the way they need to revive Card Sharks like that except maybe you can take your polls from people online... other misuses of English snipped
[/quote]

Hey, Iris, I think you have a date for tonight, huh?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022