Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A little help regarding my site...  (Read 4098 times)

Adam Nedeff

A little help regarding my site...
« on: November 24, 2005, 03:32:05 AM »
I moved my site to a new server and slightly new URL. Five people so far have assured me that the site is up and running, but I, of all people, can't see it. I get an error message every time. (I use IE 6.0 before you ask) I've tried my computer at home and the multiple computers for work, and nada--just an error message. So, if you could, help me out and just click the link on my signature and tell me if the site came up for you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:35:34 AM by Adam Nedeff »

William_S.

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 03:37:19 AM »
Fine for me

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 03:44:58 AM »
I'm seeing it just fine, Adam.

Have you cleared your cache? Betcha any money that your machine still thinks gameshowutopia.com still resolves to the old IP address. I'd do two things: clear your IE cache (and would you PLEASE nut up and switch to Firefox? ;)). and open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" to flush your DNS cache. Between those two I bet you'll start seeing the site.

(Also, if you just did this, it does take DNS information time to propogate, so it might not have gotten to the DNS servers you're using yet. If the two things I suggested above don't do it, give it a day and see if it works then. They say it can take 72 hours for DNS changes to propogate, but I actually moved fredsmythe.com last weekend and I found it was all said and done in a day's time.)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 03:46:44 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 07:37:58 AM »
Works seemlesly for me too; and Chris already answered your technical problem much better than I could.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 09:10:44 AM »
I get it. Its a good site.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 11:05:32 AM »
All systems a Go here...

TV Favorites

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 11:32:40 AM »
Up for me...

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 09:57:41 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 24 2005, 03:44 AM\']I'm seeing it just fine, Adam.

Have you cleared your cache? Betcha any money that your machine still thinks gameshowutopia.com still resolves to the old IP address. I'd do two things: clear your IE cache (and would you PLEASE nut up and switch to Firefox? ;)). and open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" to flush your DNS cache. Between those two I bet you'll start seeing the site.

(Also, if you just did this, it does take DNS information time to propogate, so it might not have gotten to the DNS servers you're using yet. If the two things I suggested above don't do it, give it a day and see if it works then. They say it can take 72 hours for DNS changes to propogate, but I actually moved fredsmythe.com last weekend and I found it was all said and done in a day's time.)
[snapback]103059[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the tech help, Chris. I did both and still nada, although maybe there's a possibility I haven't stumbled upon. I can't access golden-road.net either, which is the same provider (Wiresix). This was never a problem before I moved my site. Is there any fix you or the other boys and girls out in Forumland might know for this that doesn't involve calling Wiresix?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 04:37:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' date=\'Nov 24 2005, 06:57 PM\']Thanks for the tech help, Chris. I did both and still nada, although maybe there's a possibility I haven't stumbled upon. I can't access golden-road.net either, which is the same provider (Wiresix). This was never a problem before I moved my site. Is there any fix you or the other boys and girls out in Forumland might know for this that doesn't involve calling Wiresix?
[snapback]103108[/snapback]
[/quote]
Since most of us seem to be able to get there just fine, thank you, I doubt the problem is on Wiresix's end. Have you power cycled all of the hardware on your end, your router, DSL modem, cable modem, whatever? I still get the feeling something goofy is being cached or you have something set wrong.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe