Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal to air in December!  (Read 10773 times)

NickS

Deal or No Deal to air in December!
« on: November 18, 2005, 09:29:34 AM »
According to Cynthia Turner's Cynopsis, DoND USA will be airing four nights consecutively at 8/7p from December 19-22.  Early X-Mas/Hannukah gift, I say.

Judging from what I've seen of the show, I can't wait.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 02:18:15 PM »
Or, for those of you who'd rather have it straight from the horse's.....

http://nbcumv.com/entertainment/release_de...ionalhitga.html

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 02:51:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 01:18 PM\']Or, for those of you who'd rather have it straight from the horse's.....

[snapback]102586[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, not that bad a scheduling decision.  Most scripted shows will be in reruns, "Survivor" will be finished, "Amazing Race" may be finished (and I don't think they'll pre-empt "NCIS" for the finale, if it isn't) and "DOND" will lead into the finales of "Apprentice Martha" on Wednesday night (which granted is already dead) and "Apprentice Trump 4" on Thursday night.  It could just work.

weaklink75

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 04:32:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 02:51 PM\'][quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 01:18 PM\']Or, for those of you who'd rather have it straight from the horse's.....

[snapback]102586[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, not that bad a scheduling decision.  Most scripted shows will be in reruns, "Survivor" will be finished, "Amazing Race" may be finished (and I don't think they'll pre-empt "NCIS" for the finale, if it isn't) and "DOND" will lead into the finales of "Apprentice Martha" on Wednesday night (which granted is already dead) and "Apprentice Trump 4" on Thursday night.  It could just work.
[snapback]102589[/snapback]
[/quote]

Amazing Race finishes the 13th from what I hear...

It's an interesting move, trying the original Millionaire approach....and if it works, they may want to do some more shows as a pre- or post-Olympic stunt in February...but don't they only have 5 shows in the can right now? (so you would hope the 4 they pick, especially the first one, is really exciting....the buzz for the first one may tell the tale for the other three nights)

joe_capitano

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 04:49:16 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 11:51 AM\']... and "DOND" will lead into the finales of "Apprentice Martha" on Wednesday night (which granted is already dead) and "Apprentice Trump 4" on Thursday night[/quote]I'm pretty sure those two shows will also be wrapped before DOND takes to the Peacock. Meantime, what a nice Christmas Week gift. The PVR is being set now.

THOUGHT: Since Survivor's slot will be open, anyone here think CBS is crazy enough to throw that TPiR MDS against this on Thursday?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 04:56:44 PM by joe_capitano »

itiparanoid13

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 05:23:49 PM »
Now here's a question.  What's the deal with the 5th episode?  They taped 5 shows but only airing 4?  Each episode is an hour, so unless we are having a 2 hour premiere day, one will be left.  Could they just be "testing the waters" on each of those 4 days to see which is the best for Deal or No Deal?  Then airing that last episode then to make their final decision.

gamed121683

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 08:24:44 PM »
Intresting approach indeed but mind you NBC has not been THIS desperate for a blockbuster hit since 1984...Here's to hoping it works, though. Who knows maybe another flood of prime time games could flurish from this (a boy can dream, can he?)

wheelloon

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 09:06:36 PM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 09:24 PM\']Intresting approach indeed but mind you NBC has not been THIS desperate for a blockbuster hit since 1984...Here's to hoping it works, though. Who knows maybe another flood of prime time games could flurish from this (a boy can dream, can he?)
[snapback]102606[/snapback]
[/quote]

That was my hope from NBC putting on DOND.  I just hope they don't overshow it like ABC did with WWTBAM. That would be such a shame, the show has great potential to be the only blockbuster NBC has...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 04:42:59 AM »
This may be a shrewed move NBC is trying hear to put DoND in mid-late December.  I think the 4 consecutive nights idea is basically an "experiment" to see which night works best for the Peacock Network.  I doubt if one of the 4 is a 2-hour affair since the schedule calls for each show to be an hour long.  We'll see how all of this plays out next month.

Since 5 episodes were taped, if the show's a hit, where's #5 goona be slotted?

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 04:42 AM\']This may be a shrewed move NBC is trying hear to put DoND in mid-late December.  I think the 4 consecutive nights idea is basically an "experiment" to see which night works best for the Peacock Network.  I doubt if one of the 4 is a 2-hour affair since the schedule calls for each show to be an hour long.  We'll see how all of this plays out next month.

Since 5 episodes were taped, if the show's a hit, where's #5 goona be slotted?
[snapback]102628[/snapback]
[/quote]
You just made a nice 'n neat summary of what everyone else said in this thread.  Congratulations.

Brandon Brooks

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 04:19:21 PM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Nov 18 2005, 08:24 PM\']Who knows maybe another flood of prime time games could flurish from this (a boy can dream, can he?)
[snapback]102606[/snapback]
[/quote]
That'd be nice. But I got my hopes up way too high in 2000 during that all-too brief renaissance. But, sure, it is possible. And I'll be watching. And I'll be telling everyone I know to be watching. And I know you'll do the same.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 04:20:42 PM by Don Howard »

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2005, 04:53:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Nov 19 2005, 04:19 PM\']That'd be nice. But I got my hopes up way too high in 2000 during that all-too brief renaissance. But, sure, it is possible. And I'll be watching. And I'll be telling everyone I know to be watching. And I know you'll do the same.
[snapback]102648[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'd love for this to become a hit so NBC could spawn a daytime syndie version.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »
I'll be watching, unless it's, you know, not good. NBC's batting .000 so far with primetime game shows with "Deal" in the title.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2005, 03:27:50 PM »
For the record, "Apprentice Trump 4" looks to end Dec. 15.  "Apprentice Martha"'s finale is Dec. 21 at 9 p.m. ET, a two-hour affair after an all-new "Deal or No Deal"--and if NBC wanted to load an [The Donald] yooge [TD] winner episode in, it could be on the 21st.

NickS

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2005, 02:38:32 AM »
FYI, the fifth show will be aired that Friday... so now there'll be the whole week's worth of shows at 8p/7p Central.  One note -- scheduling is always subject to change.