Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line? at tv.com  (Read 2669 times)

TheNooz

What's My Line? at tv.com
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:53:03 PM »
I often visit tv.com for information on "What's My Line?"  They have info on many classic shows there, including episode guides.  There aren't many game shows on the site, but it is a valuable resource for information on "What's My Line?" Members are welcome to post episode summaries, comments and reviews. I have been a frequent visitor to the site, though not a member.

Last night's "What's My Line?" episode summary (Season 11, show #487) mentioned the use of unfamiliar music in the closing credits instead of the usual "Rollercoaster" theme. This unidentified music has been used for the last three or four episodes, and no one knows what it is -- except me.  It's "The Toy Trumpet" by Raymond Scott.

Since I knew the song, I signed up for membership on the site so that I could share this information. Lo and behold, when I tried to post, the site came back with an error message. Seems that only Level 2 members are allowed to post, and as a newbie I'm a mere Level 1. To advance to the next level, members have to earn points by reviewing shows, blogging, etc. on the site. OK, I understand that their policy keeps the riff-raff and vulgarians out, but geez, am I frustrated! Who knows how long it may take me to advance to the next level?

So I'm sharing my story here in the hopes that someone on this site is a member of tv.com and would be kind enough to post the song info there on my behalf. If so, I would appreciate it very much. In the meanwhile, I'll keep trying to earn points at tv.com. Thanks, everybody.

Midge

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 10:21:35 PM »
Midge:

Many of the regular contributors to the tv.com WML? site (including its de facto leader Suzanne Astorino) can be found on a companion Yahoo group that's a lot easier to access.  Join up there and post your information, and I guarantee you it'll get to the right people.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TheNooz

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 10:37:27 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Oct 23 2005, 09:21 PM\']Midge:

Many of the regular contributors to the tv.com WML? site (including its de facto leader Suzanne Astorino) can be found on a companion Yahoo group that's a lot easier to access.  Join up there and post your information, and I guarantee you it'll get to the right people.
[snapback]100237[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, Matt! I appreciate the quick reponse.

Midge

pyrfan

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 11:01:25 PM »
I experienced the same problem when I tried to correct their "$20,000 Pyramid" episode guide, which is  full of errors. What's a shame is that fan pages of some of the celebrities who appeared on "Pyramid" are posting the tv.com info as if it were completely factual. While I'd like to let tv.com readers know that the info is erroneous, I have no idea how long it would take to become the proper level.

Potentially interesting note: Though the celeb info for certain dates is intentionally false, whoever posted it has done their homework; the fake listings, for the most part, are entirely plausible.

Brendan

davemackey

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 05:52:44 PM »
I should point out, for those who don't keep up with site name changes. that tv.com is the same site that used to be known as tvtome.com - which is good, because I never knew if it should be TV Tome or TV to Me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 06:15:39 PM »
TV Tome is your reference guide to Empty Placeholder Pages!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rugrats1

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 07:45:04 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Oct 24 2005, 04:52 PM\']... I never knew if it should be TV Tome or TV to Me.
[/quote]

Of course, some "editors" at TV Tome submitted (or allowed) false information of some episodes -- even false episodes. In that light, "TV to Me" was a more-proper name, as it represented what was TV to them.