Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Friday's TPIR MDS Postponed  (Read 6633 times)

bandit_bobby

Friday's TPIR MDS Postponed
« on: May 02, 2005, 05:27:43 PM »
I can't believe nobody mentioned this.... the last TPIR Million Dollar Spectacular has been postponed for reasons unknown, according to golden-road.net. No reschedule date has been announced. Maybe George Bush has another press conference that night and CBS realized it was going to happen at the same time?

joe_capitano

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 05:34:22 PM »
Seems CBS has decided to stick with its CSI: franchise this Friday, according to CBS.com. As you all noticed, there was a promo for Wednesday's lineup where Barker would as to have plugged the MDS. I'm thinking CBS might be holding it for that hour before the Daytime Emmys on May 20th, which is where they ran a primetimer three years ago. Worked then, except that Barker's not hosting the Emmys this time, nor appearing on them.

dizzy

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
Hmmmm, How have the ratings been for the latest Prime Time specials? I consider myself a pretty big TPIR fan, but for some reason even I have not watched any of the latest batch. I would hate to think that this whole thing is my fault! ;-)

Dizzy

TV Favorites

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 08:42:20 PM »
I think they have been doing as well as expected, but remember that they have been airing on Saturdays, which may make a difference since this episode was planned for Friday.

cmjb13

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 08:46:53 PM »
[quote name=\'dizzy\' date=\'May 2 2005, 07:20 PM\']Hmmmm, How have the ratings been for the latest Prime Time specials?
[/quote]
Fair
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 05:17:16 AM »
Ratingswise, the MDS has won its timeslots on Saturdays.  I'm guessing they might go back there in a couple weeks.  Would the ratings be any diffrent if it was on a Fruday?  Maybe, naybe not.  I guess we'll never know if the last one reverts back to a Saturday airing.

The postponment appears to be some sort of schedule nix-up thanks to Bush's speech last week forcing CBS to rearrange its schedule basically for the rest of the sweeps.  I'd figure they put CSI in on Friday & probably a repeat no less.

tvwxman

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 09:06:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 3 2005, 04:17 AM\']
The postponment appears to be some sort of schedule nix-up thanks to Bush's speech last week forcing CBS to rearrange its schedule basically for the rest of the sweeps.  I'd figure they put CSI in on Friday & probably a repeat no less.
[snapback]84204[/snapback]
[/quote]

The reschedule doesn't have a damn thing to do with Bush's speech. Period.

The entire MONTH has not been rescheduled due to it either.

THINK before you type, next time, okay?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
The shows have been doing OK on Saturday nights.  The problem is that no one on the broadcast network side does better than OK on Saturday nights.  And outside of HBO and perhaps Nick, now that "Trading Spaces" has worn out its welcome I don't know what does better than OK on cable.  At least "TPIR"'s cheap to produce, which could make MDS shows still viable on Saturdays.

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2005, 08:28:29 PM »
I'm thinking CBS might be holding it for that hour before the Daytime Emmys on May 20th, which is where they ran a primetimer three years ago. Worked then, except that Barker's not hosting the Emmys this time, nor appearing on them.
Not even close.

[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 3 2005, 09:06 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'May 3 2005, 04:17 AM\']
The postponment appears to be some sort of schedule nix-up thanks to Bush's speech last week forcing CBS to rearrange its schedule basically for the rest of the sweeps.  I'd figure they put CSI in on Friday & probably a repeat no less.
[snapback]84204[/snapback]
[/quote]
The reschedule doesn't have a damn thing to do with Bush's speech. Period.

The entire MONTH has not been rescheduled due to it either.

THINK before you type, next time, okay?
[snapback]84213[/snapback]
[/quote]
While I'm the type of person who rarely defends someone, this is partially correct.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 01:56:43 AM »
Stosh is still pimping the spectacular on his convention board. I've even e-mailed the correction to him. No change on there. I think he has me blocked anyhow. Won't he be in for a surprise this coming night.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 08:41:32 PM »
Wouldn't it be funny if the eventual show sucks like the College MDS last year? Then it would be considered a waste of our time.

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'May 6 2005, 08:41 PM\']Wouldn't it be funny if the eventual show sucks like the College MDS last year? Then it would be considered a waste of our time.
[snapback]84640[/snapback]
[/quote]
As long as all contestants are not college kids, I think we are in good shape.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 09:25:20 PM »
Why the **** would the show sucking be funny?

(Don't answer that.)

LA the DJ

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 09:55:15 PM »
Oddly enough, I noticed that during their noon news broadcast TV10 (Columbus, OH) still listed an MDS for 8 PM. I forgot to see if it showed, I was working and all.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

rugrats1

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 12:13:55 PM »
Didn't watch, but I don't think it aired.

According to Golden-road.net (where they would've posted a summary by now), CBS yesterday (5/6) also presented a brief ticker during Y&R (I think), reminding viewers to tune in to the MDS that night. It was likely a mistake.

And, from the same source, there's now word that, according to cbs.com, the postponed MDS won't be seen until September.