Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Proper name for Joker's Wild Category Cue  (Read 2438 times)

Argo

Proper name for Joker's Wild Category Cue
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:00:37 AM »
I work for a local tv station and we had a guest came in today who had a chat show on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp) from 1974-1990. When they showed a clip of her show i was like OMG, its the category cue for Joker's Wild. I know it is a classical-ish piece of music, but does anyone know the proper name for it? I have a copy of it but would just like to know the history behind it.

Thanks.

JamesVipond

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:33:44 AM »
If it's the same category cue that's in JRJ Games' version of The Joker's Wild, I think it's just another arrangement of "The Savers", played on harpsichord, violin and other instruments.
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 04:53:08 PM »
[quote name=\'JamesVipond\' date=\'Apr 19 2005, 09:33 AM\']If it's the same category cue that's in JRJ Games' version of The Joker's Wild, I think it's just another arrangement of "The Savers", played on harpsichord, violin and other instruments.
[snapback]82457[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's not "The Savers"--Messrs. Perrey and Kingsley wouldn't have given their composition to conventional instruments (and it's not the same melody, anyway).  I once saw the title somewhere, but can't remember where.  It's a piece of stock music, like almost all of Barry/B&E music before they hired Hal Hidey.

dazztardly

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 06:41:39 PM »
I don't remember the name of the piece, but Jean Leroi was listed somewhere as its composer.

-Dan

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 09:24:17 PM »
I don't remember the name of the piece, but Jean Leroi was listed somewhere as its composer.

He was indeed, and the title was Gamineries...in fact, two versions of the piece were actually composed: the one heard on-air, and a more orchestral arrangement.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 09:24:27 PM by ChuckNet »