Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Dating Game" fight...  (Read 3849 times)

aaron sica

"Dating Game" fight...
« on: March 13, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
One of the new "Page O'Clips" is a "fight" that happened on "Dating Game". Anyone care to expand on this one? :)

Don Howard

"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 09:24:49 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Mar 13 2005, 09:10 PM\']One of the new "Page O'Clips" is a "fight" that happened on "Dating Game". Anyone care to expand on this one? :)
[snapback]78077[/snapback]
[/quote]
All three bachelors were stuntmen. It was an April Fools' gag. By the way, do you recognize the bachelorette? Here's your clue: "Good morning, Angels".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 09:28:49 PM by Don Howard »

Kevin Prather

"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 09:24:53 PM »
I was going to ask about this too. My guess is that this was a joke of some sort, because the acting was horrible.

EDIT: And after reading Don's post, I know it was a joke.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 09:25:35 PM by whoserman »

ChuckNet

"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 09:26:39 PM »
I was going to ask about this too. My guess is that this was a joke of some sort, because the acting was horrible.

Yeah, you could tell it was definitely staged for April Fool's Day (or before, since it was a primetime show that aired a night or 2 prior)...they wouldn't have won an Emmy for a gag like that.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 09:35:57 PM »
I should've included in that clip Jim's explanation that it was April Fools' Day and that the entire thing was staged. It might have been more engaging if it weren't so obviously fake.

Incidentally, those same 3 guys appeared a few times on The Gong Show as stage hands who wind up arguing and doing their whole fighting schtick (and sometimes even taking down Chuck in the process.)

--Jamie

aaron sica

"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 09:36:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'Mar 13 2005, 09:35 PM\']
Incidentally, those same 3 guys appeared a few times on The Gong Show as stage hands who wind up arguing and doing their whole fighting schtick (and sometimes even taking down Chuck in the process.)

--Jamie
[snapback]78084[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, would they be the same ones where they took Chuck down and he smashed the breakaway piano?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 09:41:34 PM »
Oh, would they be the same ones where they took Chuck down and he smashed the breakaway piano?

S¡ señor.

I think I have that one, actually. I have to dig. They appeared at least 3 times.

--Jamie

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 01:31:40 AM »
Wasn't there supposed to be a bit from "Three's a Crowd" too?  Not like I'm suggesting that anyone watch the show, or tape it, but I only got the Dating Game thing, and the Women's Newlywed Game one.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

"Dating Game" fight...
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 01:40:28 AM »
Right in between the two was one from Three's a Crowd.